DVI cable, worth spending a lot on?

Soldato
I am going to buy a DVI cable for using with my Belinea 102035W as I have heard it makes quite a difference and i have noticed they vary greatly in price. Is there any point in buying a cheap one? Can you reccomend a good cable?
thanks
Scott

Soldato
sgoaty said:
I am going to buy a DVI cable for using with my Belinea 102035W as I have heard it makes quite a difference and i have noticed they vary greatly in price. Is there any point in buying a cheap one? Can you reccomend a good cable?
thanks
Scott

I use a dirt cheap one and I suspect that a lot of places are selling exactly the same cable at a huge mark-up.

Associate
sounds about right i seen cables like £20 + but i found one in a shop for £5 so am gonna go with that i wouldnt go spending a lot on it due to it only does one thing :)

Associate
This monitor doesnt work as well as I want it to via DVI from my ATI card. I have to wait until the windows drivers are loaded before I see the dvi output :| . That means no post/boot screens which is still kinda required for selecting an os for dual booting.

Soldato
MadMatty said:
This monitor doesnt work as well as I want it to via DVI from my ATI card. I have to wait until the windows drivers are loaded before I see the dvi output :| . That means no post/boot screens which is still kinda required for selecting an os for dual booting.
I doubt that is down to the cable. Sounds more like a problem with your monitor or graphics card.

Associate
NathanE said:
I doubt that is down to the cable. Sounds more like a problem with your monitor or graphics card.

Well ati cards are known for there weird dvi issues :/ . My previous AOC LM919 and shortlived L90D did work fine on the dvi port though.

Soldato
OP
Well I got the cable and it works but I get flickering for a split second now and again. Like the screen is switching off then on again really fast. Its usually when opening a window. I went back to using my VGA cable and its fine now. So its either the cheap cable or the input on my 10 20 35W

Back
Top Bottom