Fiesta Mk3 HU Wiring

Soldato
My mate told me that the HU in his Fiesta wasnt working properly.

I had a quick look tonight and it's a mass of cable with no multiplugs.

Not too much of a problem and I managed to work out what most of the cables did.

Did a bit of a botch job but will solder and shrink wrap the cabling properly this weekend.

There seems to be the end of 2 looms behind the HU.

One loom has four cables, speakers. Which is +ve and which -ve?

The other loom is the power, ground etc... which cable is which in this loom? What's the thin and thick brown cables? Is red the accesory power to retain the memory? what about the other cables?

Also what's the best way to secure the HU in place? There is no cage with the hu. So it is just loose in the hole.

I know this sounds really dodgy and like the HU is stolen. I do not know the history as this is what the car was like when he bought it.

Thanks,

Chris

Permabanned
If its missing the multiplug it probably had its HU stolen before. Get a cage, they cost less than a Fiver from an ICE store. Brown will always be earth of some sort. Red can either be permanent live (to maintain memory) or switched, (but this is usually yellow).

Permabanned
Thick, not sure what the thin one could be for, does it have steering wheel controls? Check it anyway, it could be an earth and wont harm anything by grouping it with the thick wire (as long as it is an earth that is).

Back
Top Bottom