Network managers - how many on ocuk?

Soldato
Just curious? Just started as a NM at a high school + cluster primaries, curious how many other Network managers use OCUK, I hope I'm not the only one! :p

Soldato
OP
[Darkend]Viper said:
Ohhh ME ME. I've been in the same school for 5 years and have watched my network grow from 34 pc's to just under 300. And i''m the only one :(

I have about 350 in the high school and about the same amoungst the primaries. On my own for now but due a technician once our new school is built :) Loving the job to be honest, great fun and very interesting!

Soldato
My boss is the network manager... He runs the admin and the network, we make sure things work client side. We have 3x ICT rooms (32 machines), plus a suite in each faculty and a wireless classroom (32 laptops). Workable between 3 of us.

Soldato
I'm one of many at work I suppose. I'm responsible for ~75 desktops in two student labs consisting of Windows 2000 with Novell OES.

I also help out other "network managers" with the staff domain (running Win2K Server currently moving to 2003) and a small Linux lab of 25 desktops running Scientific Linux (with a Debian server if I remember correctly).

Thing's are looking up though as I might be starting to help out with our local grid project for more server-side experience. :cool:

Associate
Put's hands up... IT Manager for large insurance firm in reading.. just about to either 1) take pay increase to support 3 more offices (additional 60 people - all on my own) or 2) update CV... vote with feet.

Permabanned
<--- evil Computing Officer/ BoFH for a University. Doing mainly AD/ Windows administration but also responsible for a few RHEL/Fedora boxen. 'tis fun, fairly diverse and interesting but get the feeling from reading these forums I could be making a helluva lot more money elsewhere!

Soldato
I am a network admin/pc technician, there are three of us here looking after 700 + client machines, a cluster and several servers, running a mixture of 2K, NT4, 2003, XP and Win98.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Like others, I am a network admin plus other things besides. DO everything IT related (and a lot of things that are not IT related!!) for about 100 people over 6 sites, includes 5 servers (due to have a few more!) a dozen blackberrys, mobile phones, copiers, printers, phone system, programming, web site design, intranet design, database admin, you name it, I do it :)

keeps me busy (as you can imagine!)

Back
Top Bottom