firmware?

Associate
anyone on here had any experience with modified firmware? particularly with a 300d.

I'm considering installing the unduchables firmware for my 300d which would give me manualy selectable AF modes, ISO3200, mirror lock-up etc. well, most of the functions of the 10d really.

looked it up on the net and not heard any horror stories about it.

Associate
I haven't put it on mine yet, but I would especially like to have AI-Servo. When I last read the documentation I discovered that activation of this mode has complications:

AI-Servo (Selectable but cannot take a photo - one workaround, hold the shutter button all the way down then switch the lens to manual focus)

I think by the time I'd messed about finding the MF button on my lens the subject would have moved out of focus thus defeating the object of having the hack :(

Associate
OP
i put the undutchables firmware on this morning and went out for a day shooting the mountain bike racing. didnt have any problems with it at all. :) didnt use iso3200 properly, but tested it and it isnt much noiseir than 1600, definately useable.

Sleepyd - ai servo mode kind of works. i dont have to flick to manual focus to take the shot, only have to hold down the 'left' button , then the shutter button works as normal.

Associate
I've used it for about 10 months and have had no problems. Never tried AI Servo though.

I tend to use it for Flash exposure comp and mirror lock and iso 3200 on the odd occasion.

Associate
TRiP said:
i put the undutchables firmware on this morning and went out for a day shooting the mountain bike racing. didnt have any problems with it at all. :) didnt use iso3200 properly, but tested it and it isnt much noiseir than 1600, definately useable.

Sleepyd - ai servo mode kind of works. i dont have to flick to manual focus to take the shot, only have to hold down the 'left' button , then the shutter button works as normal.

Ah ok - this might mean I'll do a spot of hacking as AI Servo would be v. useful.

Did it mess up the controls on the camera anymore than that?

Associate
OP
Sleepyd said:
Ah ok - this might mean I'll do a spot of hacking as AI Servo would be v. useful.

Did it mess up the controls on the camera anymore than that?

no. nothing else changed. i believe you have the ability to change the button controlls at some point but i haveny tried to do that.

Associate
OP
noticed one thing doesnt work thats in the custom menu, thats second curtain flash. quite disapointed about that though it could just be my fault that i havent got it to work.

Back
Top Bottom