Viewsonic Warranty a joke

Associate
My 4 week old 1912w developed a fault and would not power on.

I phoned viewsonic and was told that they send out refurbished replacements. However, as this is a new model, they have no refurbished stock. She had no idea when stock would arrive. It could be this week, it could be next month. I wanted to speak to her supervisor and she said she didn't have one.

Very dissapointed with their "Warranty" service.

Has anyone every used their Warranty service before? I really need a monitor to do my work on (I work from home).

Man of Honour
if its new try contacting the retailer you bought it from and see if they will swap it out or atleast make viewsonic get their arse in gear

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

radio said:
I phoned viewsonic and was told that they send out refurbished replacements.

I'm really disappointed that companies do this !

(sorry for my unhelpful post!)

Associate
If its only 28 days old they have to replace with new or refund your money. No swap out at that age., get back on to them and request a new monitor, not a refurbished one.

Associate
Seirrah said:
I'm really disappointed that companies do this !

(sorry for my unhelpful post!)

I agree on this. Think about it, you pay out a couple of hundred for a new monitor and it fails - you then end up with second hand goods. There must be some sort of Trading Standards law against this.

Associate
OP
I phoned the Viewsonic UK (01293 643-900) instead of the UK warranty number and thankfully got it sorted. They will send one out to me in a week, but they gave no indication of the condition, other than it was not new:(

If there's one scratch on it i'll be sending it back.

I'm sure all these monitor makers are as bad as each other when it comes to after sales, but I hope everyone elses lasts longer than my one, and has better luck getting a working, good condition, refurbished "replacement".

Most annoying was when I checked their warranty policy, which stated a 48 hour turnaround. I missed the "best case" part:

On-Site-Customer-Exchange Service:
Dispatch of a replacement unit best case within forty eight (48) hrs (weekend or bank holiday excluded) after initial call at the call desk/service centre. Dispatch of the replacement unit and collection of the defective unit will be free of charge.

What a load of crap. Best case 48 hours, normal case 2 weeks, worst case 6 months?

Associate
I had the same problem, took over 6 weeks to get a replacement monitor from them. In the end I was upgraded to a better spec/size one, still a refurbished unit (that was 6 month old). But as my monitor was over 2 years that was good result.

good luck

Simon

Soldato
I had to get a replacement for a brand new monitor through Viewsonic, I'm pretty sure they sent me a new one but it was less than a week old. Apart from insisting that I faxed a copy of the invoice to them (which slowed things up 24 hrs), they were quick and helpful.

I had a lot more problems with Samsung earlier this year when one of their (also brand new) monitors failed. They were a real bunch of useless t***ers. They didn't have my monitor in stock, but it took them months before they were willing to send something similar instead.

Soldato
speak to the retailer you bought it from. It is defective and as such they will have to replace/refund under the Sale of Goods Act.

fini

Man of Honour
Damn...

Makes the warranty on my CRT look stunning. Next working day replacement with new stock and a new warranty.

Only had to use it once and that was when one of the component connectors failed - next day - new one arrived - old one taken away - and it was a Saturday. :eek: Plus *and most importantly* I didn't have to lift the old one - 96lbs apparently.. :eek:

Case of you get what you pay for maybe?

If it's under 28 days though it has to be replaced with a new screen under the sale of goods act iirc.

Simon/~Flibster

Associate
OP
Did not know about the 28 days thing, good to know! Shame my one went after 30 days, Sods law eh.

My replacement arrived today - just the screen in bubble wrap so clearly a refurb. Apart from smelling of cigarette smoke, it seems ok. I would have fought harder for a new replacement, but this month a ram stick has died, two of my maxtors died, and another nvidia 6800 died; I just don't have the time.

KInd of wished I stuck with my 19inch nec multisync; 10 years on and it's still going strong.

Soldato
Wait a few weeks & call back stating your monitor is not working again. As its still only a few months old, & by this time its likely they fixed your oriignal monitor (to give as a refurb back to someone else), you can get your original monitor back again in a working condition. :)

Permabanned
ACESHIGH said:
Wait a few weeks & call back stating your monitor is not working again. As its still only a few months old, & by this time its likely they fixed your oriignal monitor (to give as a refurb back to someone else), you can get your original monitor back again in a working condition. :)

Is it really worth the hassle though!!

Soldato
av had 4 replacments from viewsonic each scratched to hell with a bashed box, i wish you good luck sir, when the delivery guy brings it make sure u write unchecked next to your signature

Man of Honour
DAvE18 said:
av had 4 replacments from viewsonic each scratched to hell with a bashed box, i wish you good luck sir, when the delivery guy brings it make sure u write unchecked next to your signature

Writing that means nothing as soon as you sign its not there problem anymore, the only way to do it is to make the guy wait while you open and check the monitor

Associate
Well it seems to me that this onsite exchange system is a bit of a lottery - I entered the lottery the other day, apparently I was lucky.. My 1 year old 20" lcd got replaced with a 23" (almost new) within 48 hours.

I hope it don't need fixing the next two years :)

But if it was me and the monitor was almost new, I would def. deal with the shop instead of Viewsonic, but I'm from Denmark so perhaps it works in a different way, but just because Viewsonic got a warrenty system does not make the dealer out of the deal (that sounded stupid), but I mean he must still have some responsibility?

Back
Top Bottom