Michael Essien

Soldato
Anyone notice that the second Ghana exit the African Nations he's back fighting fit for Chelsea in todays game vs Liverpool.

Very convenient if you ask me, would have been nice to have Kolo Toure and Manu Eboue around at the moment, but thats life...

Sinister plot or paranoid delusions?....you decide :p

Soldato
At the moment, Chelski are running high in the PL, and Arsenal are in a bit of a slump, I expect a bit of monies has to do with the reason why Essien is back so quick ;)

Soldato
it was well planned and I knew it was going to happen even before his 'sudden' injury before the African Nations Cup.

Man of Honour
This is the tackle he got injured by on Jan. 2nd, I guess Reo-Coker was in on the conspiracy then?

jan2.jpg

Soldato
OP
JohnnyG said:
This is the tackle he got injured by on Jan. 2nd, I guess Reo-Coker was in on the conspiracy then?

It looks nasty but i've seen plenty of players walking away from tackles like that, he could easily have took a slight knock and exaggerated it to make it sound worse than it was.

But who knows....you could argue that chelsea put themselves in a position for people to doubt them after all their dodgy dealings in recent years.

Man of Honour
You can argue all you want:)
Why would he miss the ANC (he wanted to go by the way) & just stay here not playing & training? Why would we bring in another player specifically as cover for him (Maniche) if his injury was fake? Why was Drogba allowed to go when we are sparse up front even with him? etc...

Soldato
OP
JohnnyG said:
You can argue all you want:)
Why would he miss the ANC (he wanted to go by the way) & just stay here not playing & training? Why would we bring in another player specifically as cover for him (Maniche) if his injury was fake? Why was Drogba allowed to go when we are sparse up front even with him? etc...

Well regarding the replacement, he wouldn't have been allowed to play even if he was fit or not, plus maniche is a mourinho man, i think it was a matter of time before he was brought in either way. If they knew essien was only going to be out for 2 weeks, then why bring in maniche as 'injury cover' for one game.

You could argue till kingdom come with this one, just saying it looks mightily suspicious when i hear words like 'special dispensation'.

Soldato
who cares....conspiracy or not...with Chelsea's financial clout the Premiership has most certainly changed and i doubt many would say for the better.

Buying players simply because you don't want other clubs to have them. Is quite low.

I must say that Real have also been doing this, but thats the Spanish not English league, and I also think it is to a lesser degree then Chelsea.

Associate
One More Solo said:
Diddums. The ankle is stronger than people might think, and people have got up from worse tackles Essien himself has made.
As someone who has had many football realted ankle injuries I can assure you that it takes a LOT less than shown in that photo to cause a severe ankle injury.

Man of Honour
I thought I remembered reading prior to the tournament about some 'deal' that was done between Chelsea and the Ghanian FA anyway, so the latter haven't got a leg to stand on (no pun intended).

Soldato
i hope one day Mr Abramovich pulls out and Chelski return to Chelsea. Find themselves in over £140m debt with players on a salary of £5m+ a season, and are forced to sell all their players.

I never had anything against chelsea...but if you could not tell...I now hate them.

They are effectively the toy of some rich guy. Something to keep him occupied. Not a business venture, not for the love of the club, just for a laugh.

Caporegime
chimaera said:
Anyone notice that the second Ghana exit the African Nations he's back fighting fit for Chelsea in todays game vs Liverpool.

Very convenient if you ask me, would have been nice to have Kolo Toure and Manu Eboue around at the moment, but thats life...

Sinister plot or paranoid delusions?....you decide :p

I wouldn't worry about it, he's over-rated anyway. His first touch is attrocious, hence 3 shocking tackles from him this season anyway. He's bulletproof though.

Associate
the tackle was so soft the Essien had to be subbed off when the game was only 12minutes old. Was Reo-Coker part of the conspiracy to "injure" Essien in order for him to forfeit playing in the Africa cup of nations? yes it's convenient that he's back as soon as Ghana exit but if your player is fit why wait another year before playing him? as it was Ghana couldn't call him up during the tourney anyway once he became fit again.

Associate
daz.wallace said:
I thought he wasn't allowed to play for 5 days after Ghana's exit :confused:

Did some one on Sky sports say Chelsea got "special dispensation" for him to play?

if so, why?

Ghana got knocked out on Tuesday. Thus the five days had expired on Sunday so he could play.

Don
moody said:
Ghana got knocked out on Tuesday. Thus the five days had expired on Sunday so he could play.
Nope, officially he couldnt play until Monday... thats why they had to get special permission

Back
Top Bottom