Got my new M500...

Associate
Hey all

Well you've done it (You know who you are....*cough* Tomsk *cough*), I've gone and bought myself a nice shiney new M500.

It's been on charge all day, i've been playing around with it a bit and I've hit a major falling point - I cant switch it off!

Does anyone know how I can do this? I will need to switch it completely off for peace of mind in exams etc. I tried pressing the power button - this disables the keys and screen but when it's rung it lights up and starts ringing!

I understand the flash memory gets wiped if I disconnect the battery for longer than 20 mins so i obviously cant do that.

Cheers,

Associate
OP
Right yeh, I had a quick google and found you cant actually turn the thing off but you can switch silent mode and flight mode on and that *should* stop it having any embarassing outbursts.

Still a little uneasy about it being on at all though.

Associate
flight mode will sort it out, we do that with all our PDAs at work, it disconnects it from the network and drops the signal, so you will get nothing incoming until you switch it off again

Soldato
megakid said:
Hey all...

for peace of mind in exams etc. I tried pressing the power button - this disables the keys and screen but when it's rung it lights up and starts ringing!

Cheers,

I have a 1Gb memory card in mine, I reckon that that it could have easily held all of my uni course notes and many years worth of specimen exam paper answers. Do they really let you take it into an exam?

As an actual answer, you seem to have worked out that it can't be switched off, just make it go quiet is the best you can do. I use PPCprofiles-Pro to control all the noise settings.

Soldato
megakid said:
Hey all
(*cough* Tomsk *cough*)

ahem. my name is rG-tom, not tomsk :mad: :p

Good choice fella, and yes putting it in flight mode by clicking the the signal bars and then putting it in "off" mode on the volume thing works perfectly :)

Any more questions, you've got me on MSN.

Tom.

Associate
OP
aztechnology said:
I have a 1Gb memory card in mine, I reckon that that it could have easily held all of my uni course notes and many years worth of specimen exam paper answers. Do they really let you take it into an exam?

As an actual answer, you seem to have worked out that it can't be switched off, just make it go quiet is the best you can do. I use PPCprofiles-Pro to control all the noise settings.

When I said "peace of mind" I meant, that it wont start blarring a somewhat dodgy ringtone or alarm whilst in my bag at the side of the room.

And yes, I somehow already found PPCprofiles via google last night and have created an "Off" profile which enables flight mode and mutes all sound... nice :D

Back
Top Bottom