• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zalman FS-V7 Fatal1ty Copper VGA Cooler For x1800xt?

Soldato
I was looking at the Zalman FS-V7 Fatal1ty Copper VGA Cooler for my x1800xt as I would like my pc to be both cooler and quieter but I'm worried about removing the x1800xt stock cooler!

Is it a fairly simple procedure? and will the Fatal1ty cooler make a huge difference!

The card is soft modded at the moment with an idle temp of 57 degrees which is only one more before the soft mod!

What kind of cooling performance could I expect?

Last edited:
Soldato
those coolers ar good - i had the very similar cu700 on my old x800xt and on 12volts it took temps down a lot 20 degrees maybe more, the cooler on the 1800xt looks better than the ones on the x800xt, so it might not make that much difference. Sound wise i think it'd be about the same at 12v maybe a bit quieter.

i wouldn't worry about case temps going up - have you put your hand behind your computer - the x1800xt fan doesn't exactly pump the air out does it.

are you looking to overclock with more voltage? if not i really won't bother, how much are they 30 quid? you'll be lucky to get another 10% on your overclock over the stock fan.

save the money for the r600...

Back
Top Bottom