a little help please

Associate
expecting my 2gb memory kit today.have gone for the g-skill zx kit as the tight timings seem to appeal to amd 64 owners.could some 1 give me a starting point as an oc newbie,to achieve a little o/c of my system without too much risk.have read many threads and i,m getting confused.system specs as below.thanks

amd 64 3200 winnie
asus an8 sli
2gb g-skill zx pc3200

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It' a big subject. It's not as simple as just upping a few Mhz here and there. You have to be aware of not only the changes you are making but the knock on affects with other components in the system so it's vital you have a good understanding of what's what and whyfores etc.

This months Customs PC has an excellant begineers guide to overclocking as their main feature, which is spread in two parts. It'll give you some good starting points but more importantly, a good idea as to what's really going on.

Th

Associate
OP
thanks for the reply,will try to get hold of that copy.overclocking is a subject which confuses the hell out of me,and i would love to understand it more.reading these forums has helped but that 1st step is a little scary :p :D

Soldato
Larok said:
increase you fsb to 220mhz in 5mhz steps, keep your fingers crossed!
What about HTT multi, the RAM and Vcore as well as Vdimm? CPU multi too, if just testing the RAM...

See, it's not easy unless you know what you are doing. I have a guide on P7 of the Overclocking for newbies sticky at the top of the Overclocking and Cooling section. Might be worth a gander.

Basically, doing the above without knowing what you are doing could fudge your Windows installation...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom