A decent PS2 to USB controller adaptor?

Associate
As the title says really.

My logitech Wingman is a <insert swear word here>. The sticks are way too touchy, and one of the sticks has a mind of its own (pulls to one side or doesnt work when moved to one side at random). Must be a dodgy sensor or something...

Anyway, got a few PS2 pads floating about here and was just wondering are the PS2 to USB converters any good? And if so which is a good brand to go for? I dont wanna spend any stupid amounts of money on it, just want something thats reliable.

Ta. :D

Associate
I use the same one as fullfat. Unfortunately it's the shops own make so we can't really say.

AFAIK they are all pretty much the same anyway. Works a treat..

Soldato
convertors are crap. they play up, dont work with all games, the drivers actually make them worse and god only knows how many people have had problems with them. The only thing i use mine for these days is a trick remote control setup.

Associate
james.miller said:
convertors are crap. they play up, dont work with all games, the drivers actually make them worse and god only knows how many people have had problems with them. The only thing i use mine for these days is a trick remote control setup.

The drivers are useless, but without them installed I've had no problems in any games at all so far.

Associate
Malenko said:
The drivers are useless, but without them installed I've had no problems in any games at all so far.

i agree, i dont use the drivers either and ive had absolutely zero problems with mine, it can get a bit confusing with some of the games menu's but thats hardly the adapters fault.
as for makes and models, theyre pretty much all rebranded for the shops themselves so its hard to tell you.

Soldato
its nothing to do with game menus, its the controllers freezing up, some games only working when you disable one of the controllers, games not working at all. there's a huge thread over at avformus on the adaptor. Im not making it up lol.

Associate
sorry mate, i cant agree as ive not had any issues with the hardware, the software yeah, when used with the crap drivers, it can cause headaches. if you dont use the software theyre fine though, atleast the one ive got is.
the game menu thing, i meant on certain games its hard to find the controller setup menu lol, i struggled with need for speed underground 2 for ages and ages until i realised that you had to scroll along at the top, so that was my own silly fault.

Back
Top Bottom