• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pc Rebooting ?? GTO2

Associate
I bought a Sapphire GTO2 last month & about a week after installing it my Pc started to re-boot itself from time to time(mainly when playing games but sometimes in general use too) it is completly intermittent so it's difficult to trace the fault & can happen anything from 20 mins after i turn it on to 3/4 hours.
i was wondering if it could be the card causing this i have contacted Sapphire & done everything they asked of me :
Uninstalled old drivers & installed the latest versions
Patched the games
Updated Mobo Chipsets
Flashed Mobo BIOS
Etc Etc
It is not overclocked & is in Standard mode so it can't be overheating !

Basicly i am scratching for answers/Help what is it likely to be ? Memory , Card , Etc

AMD 64 3800+ Dual Core
150Gb Sata drive
Asus AN8-VM
Sapphire GTO2
3 x Samsung 3200 512mb Ram

Last edited:
Associate
I would say its a memory issue probably on the card at a guess. exactly the same thing happened to me ages ago on a 6600gt --->>> rma and it went away.

it could also be faulty ram but if it wasnt happening before you got the card it probably is the gfx

thats all the knowledge i can give im afraid

Associate
OP
thanks for that i was thinking it might be the Ram as it's pretty close to the CPU on that Board would over-heating Ram cause it to shut down & reboot the pc ?

Are their any monitoring Tools or logs kept that would let me know why it re-booted out their for things like ram or card memory etc to see if they are faulty ?

Back
Top Bottom