• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Official AMD 3700 San Diego Overclocking Thread

Soldato
Well, there is an official Thread about opterons :) so im gonna start this one..

My friends just been down to ocuk and picked me up a CAB2E, im hoping this chip will hit 2.8 Ghz +

What clocks have people been getting, and with which steppings ??

Plz post temps, voltages FSB X Multi's Etc :)

Associate
Hey, i dont know the stepping but i just bought it in january brand new so it is one of the newer ones, i managed to get it to 2.97 Ghz on stock heat sink and fan but its v core is at 1.5 volts. Its fully stable but i have just clocked it down to 2.87Ghz as the temps on full load at this speed are only 52C which is very good! it will overclock well i can imagine.

Associate
TaKeN said:
Well, there is an official Thread about opterons :) so im gonna start this one..

My friends just been down to ocuk and picked me up a CAB2E, im hoping this chip will hit 2.8 Ghz +

What clocks have people been getting, and with which steppings ??

Plz post temps, voltages FSB X Multi's Etc :)

3700SD - KAB2E

It was running at 2.8ghz at 1.400V and was still about 40C with TT Silent Tower. Was prime stable for 24 hours!!

2.8ghz

HT - 272
Multi - x11
Voltage - 1.55V
FSB - 816
Temp - 40C roughly

It wasn't stable during prime, but with enough Volts she most certainly would be!

3.0ghz

Agent :cool:

Associate
Blue Cypher said:
Hey, i dont know the stepping but i just bought it in january brand new so it is one of the newer ones, i managed to get it to 2.97 Ghz on stock heat sink and fan but its v core is at 1.5 volts. Its fully stable but i have just clocked it down to 2.87Ghz as the temps on full load at this speed are only 52C which is very good! it will overclock well i can imagine.

woah nice one :D imagine that with a good cpu cooler :D u could hit 3ghz :D

Soldato
Currently @ 2.7Ghz

fsb 245 x 11 multi - stock volts (1.4) and stock cooler. Prime stable for 12 hours.

Max temp was 44C and idle about 32/33C.

Not sure of stepping but bought from overclockers in January. Is there a simple program to get the stepping or do you physically have to look at the chip to see that?

Will be cranking up to 2.8 or so hopefully tonight and will advise tommorrow.

Soldato
booyaka said:
Currently @ 2.7Ghz

fsb 245 x 11 multi - stock volts (1.4) and stock cooler. Prime stable for 12 hours.

Max temp was 44C and idle about 32/33C.

Not sure of stepping but bought from overclockers in January. .

Exact same clock and settings here

Soldato
running 2.75Ghz at the moment
htt - 250
multi - 11x
volts - stock
temp on a freezer 64 pro - 28 idol/37/8 load

only primed for 1 1/2 hours but i everything is stable, and will prime it longer next time i have the time

not sure what stepping, as i forgot to check when i fitted the Freezer 64 pro.
but it was bought mid december if it makes any difference.

Soldato
OP
It did 2.6 Ghz on stock volts, but as soon as i went to 2.6 it crashed pc twice,

Ive upped the Volts to 1.475, and now its running at 2.7 :)

Seems stable at the moment, but im going to play css for ages which should crash the pc if its unstable.

I can put 1.6 volts through this cpu and might get 3ghz, but ive heard people saying that this chips dont respond to volts :confused:

Soldato
Max I've managed is 2.65ghz (265 x 10) in the system below, stock volts, 28 idle/35 ish load, no idea of stepping. Seemed stable though, primed for about 5-6 hours, has never crashed or froze.

Associate
Mmm stock volts
Currently at 2750ghz
22 on idle 34 load.
Artic cooler 64 pro.
Will do 2.8 without anthing special done to it but thought better safe than sorry.
Prime tested stable.
reckon can do 3ghz with this one.

Soldato
OP
I tried hitting over 2.6 on stock volts, but comp froze, im not sure whether it was due to me Exceeding 1000 HTT Frequency, or just because the chip doesnt like it :confused:

Back
Top Bottom