I'm an utter pansy...

Soldato
I can only play Condemned in short bursts!

Had it for a while and I'm only on the 4th Chapter! Its just so god damn creepy.

Done the 3rd chapter where your chasing the suspect through the Subway and just got a glipse of something falling from the ceiling and crawling into a vent!:eek:

Anyone else like this or is it just me? :o

Permabanned
GuruJockStrap said:

Had it for a while and I'm only on the 4th Chapter! Its just so god damn creepy.

Done the 3rd chapter where your chasing the suspect through the Subway and just got a glipse of something falling from the ceiling and crawling into a vent!:eek:

Just you ya big girls blouse :D

and possibly me too

Soldato
I dont normally like scary games (or films) but I'm ok with Condemned. Upto Chapter 4 where you investigate the subway car, the scary parts have also been pretty cool upto yet.

That game made me jump the one time I played it. Mostly because the enemys respawn if you pass through the area multiple times so occationally when I got lost I would end up encountering people I killed before (and I wasn't expecting them to be there)

Soldato
im assuming its only on xbox360?

i havnt played this but i live playing games that scare you, although doom wasnt that scary i would never play it in the middle of the night, cos its terrible when all the lights are off n its quiet, then suddenly something appears :eek:

Soldato
Im genuinely of the opinion that Condemned is the best of the 360 launch titles. I finally got around to finishing it about a week ago, but i've missed a lot of achievements so i'll probably go back and see if i can pick them up. Sound plays a big part in the game, i found the sound in the School to be particularly disturbing.

As has been said by a few others, wait until you see Mr Tibbs :eek:

Soldato
OP
Yup, its a 360 exclusive.

Sod playing this at night though. If I play Condemned its during the day with plenty of light :p

It makes excellent use of sound. You're walking along and then you can hear somebody running about or something move (I always stop and then frantically look around).

Or you get to an esculator then suddenly something cracks you in the back of the head and you go falling down (you never leave 3rd person mode).

~J~

~J~

Soldato
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Scary sh...poop. Play it again, 2am, lights off, make sure a door is open for the breeze on the back of your neck and the door is creaking. Now that's a good way to play it!

Soldato
~J~ said:
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Scary sh...poop. Play it again, 2am, lights off, make sure a door is open for the breeze on the back of your neck and the door is creaking. Now that's a good way to play it!

Funnily enough most of the time i spent playing it was late at night. My flat is in quite an old building and it creaks and settles a lot at night. It certainly does add additional atmosphere.

Soldato
GuruJockStrap said:

It gets worse, you big girl! :D

Back
Top Bottom