Good Case for Watercooling

Soldato
Hi,
Currently running a Vento with a Reserator and fancy a change. I'm looking for a good watercooling setup that is quiet but offers good cooling. Currently running a X2 4400 upto 2.7 and X1900 690/800. By preference I would like a pre built but I could put one togther myself having done so in the past. Alway ended up a bit of a bodge because thing would never fit right. Currently like the look of the TT Tai-Chi read a few reviews that didn't slate it. Just the noise that concerns me.

Thought I would ask you peeps. Any thoughts

Associate
There are pre-built systems available if you look around, and there are plenty of good watercooling cases from LianLi Vxxxx series to all MountainMods variants, these two manufacturers being the more expensive end (but the best). Many cases can be watercooled successfully so if there is one you partiuarly like then mention it here. Personally though the LianLi offerings and pre-built versions are great if you don't need the sheer size of the MM cases.

Soldato
Yewen said:
Koolance make nice cases.

Just one to keep in mind.

Actually, you mean Koolance retrofit nice cooling gear into Lian-Li cases. I concur wholeheartedly.

It is one of the best things I ever bought. I don't think there is a better case for water cooling than the Lian-Li V1x00B (I don't like the silver ones as much) ;) And the integration is just beautiful. It's just the £350 price tag that's ugly.

Man of Honour
Wow those Koolance/Lian Li's are very nice indeed. Does anyone know how quiet they are and how well they'd cool an overclocked system such as this:

Opteron 165 dual core @ 2.6ghz
7800 GTX 512 @ 605/1.78 ( may go SLI in the future )

I currently have a very nice Coolermaster 111 and was thinking of adding watercooling to it so how would the two compare?

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the input :) So what's the preference for a nice "quiet" but powerful watercooling setup Case & Equipement?

Previously I used a TT Tower ( Xaser ) with Thermochill 120.1, DD Maze 3 Spec blocks and DD NV68 with a eheim 1048. It was nice and quiet but not that powerful but that was mainly due to the rad. Nightmare to fit and the case quality was aweful.

Soldato
Hades said:
Wow those Koolance/Lian Li's are very nice indeed. Does anyone know how quiet they are

It's not silent, but it's not loud.

Hades said:
and how well they'd cool an overclocked system such as this:

Opteron 165 dual core @ 2.6ghz
7800 GTX 512 @ 605/1.78 ( may go SLI in the future )

I got a 10C (from 60C to 50C) drop on a 3.0Ghz -> 4GHz overclocked Prescott between the Pc-3 and the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, so I would imagine you would see a very good drop with a lower temperature to start with although the ambient temperature is critical to getting good performance from these coolers.

Back
Top Bottom