Clubbing Nights Out on Valentine's?

Soldato
Hey fellas.
The missus has expressed a want to go clubbing on her birthday, which is also Valentine's Day :eek:

Anyway, I've come up with the following possible places:

Bournemouth
Birmingham
Milton Keynes
Nottingham
Bristol
London

I'm basically looking for places that are decent, safe and friendly for a banging night out with the little lady. I'd really like peoples input on good clubs to go to, Value for money hotels (that aren't shabby) and any personal experiences. Please try to recommend places to stay and where to go out :D

Nice one,
Ant :cool:

Man of Honour
Not sure on your definition of 'Clubbing', but at a guess It'll mean general night club as opposed to hardcore techno speed trance or that kind of stuff :p

Risa on Broad Street on Broad Street in Birmingham would be pretty safe, full to the brim with Students and will likely be cheese / pop / R&B stuff.

Not sure on Hotels, but there are plenty around Broad Street and parts of Birmingham if you look around you'd find a good deal or two, but will probably be harder to get a room on Valentines night than a normal tuesday at a guess.

Associate
Clubbing is a diverse term, but for pure cheese and hilarity, try Berlins in Bournemouth. Crammed full of students on a Tuesday and good fun.

Numerous hotels to be had on West Cliff, cheap this time of year too... Bournemouth isn't exactly the first place people go on VD for romance - so prices stay fairly level.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sorry, I should have made myself a bit clearer :)

I'm into drub&bass and techno mostly, but frankly it's not what you want on valentines day. I'm talking a bit of trance, house, commercial dance e.t.c

As to my definition of clubbing, I thought there was only one :) We want to go to a club, and rave it until the early hours :)

Man of Honour
WantoN said:
Sorry, I should have made myself a bit clearer :)

I'm into drub&bass and techno mostly, but frankly it's not what you want on valentines day. I'm talking a bit of trance, house, commercial dance e.t.c

As to my definition of clubbing, I thought there was only one :) We want to go to a club, and rave it until the early hours :)

Ah. Ignore my suggestion then.

Not sure of any places In Birmingham as I don't care for that music, sorry :)

Soldato
Bournemouth is far too snooty these days for fights and violence. Try Jimmy's at The Triangle. The worse you'll get there is a verbal bashing after knocking out someone's monocle....

Soldato
OP
Muban said:
I may well be losing it in my old age.... but I thought you had split up with your missus recently. Or perhaps this is a new lady.

Indeed we did. Met up with her again last Sunday, decided to take it slow and see how it goes. Next tuesday will probably be an eye-opener. :)

Back
Top Bottom