NoiseBlocker S3 UltraSilent 80mm Fan, any good?

Soldato
Is the NoiseBlocker S3 UltraSilent 80mm Blue Fan with Speed Controller any good?, ive been looking for a good fan for my cpu cooler and this seems just the ticket. I have an Akasa Evo33 that uses an 80mm fan, the stock fan is too loud even on the lowest setting (2000rpm) so i need something i can turn down lower. This fan apparently goes down to 1300 rpm 14db and up to 2600rpm 26db, this would be exellent if the specs are to be believed. Also i love the blue blades much better than the amber blades :cool: .

Mark

Associate
Cyber-Mav said:
i got a 12cm noiseblocker sx2pro, its quieter then the akasa amber 12cm fan i have and even pushes more air then it.

All have the above, but find my cheaper Aerocool fan is quieter and relatively same air pushments ;)

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replys, i decided to get the noiseblocker S3 rated speed is from 1300-2600 rpm. Ive got to say im very impressed with the fan, miles quieter than the akasa, mainly due to the fact the akasa's min speed was 2188rpm and this one can be turned down to 1300rpm. It also looks far better and matches the rest of my pc's blue theme. I was also impressed with the kit they include with the fan, a smart looking fan controller and some little rubber fan mounting things, they look like they will be very effective but i wasn't able to use them on my CPU cooler as the fixing holes are too small, but ill use them on my case fan and see how quiet they are. I don't know if this is because its cold today but my CPU is idling at 33oc with the fan @1600rpm and the askasa fan i had on before this was idling at 38oc @ 2188rpm :) , very impressive.
All have the above, but find my cheaper Aerocool fan is quieter and relatively same air pushments
I was going to get an aerocool turbine for my CPU cooler but unfortunately they only make them in 120mm and 140mm.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom