how many lessons?

Associate
17 years old 1 week from learning to drive to pass Army got to *** um then at
then at 21 1 week to pass my L.G.V at 22 1 week to pass P.S.V and 1 week at 25 to do my motorbike
paid no money at all for any of my test think it would have been around £2000+
way back then lol
now 37

Soldato
15-18 lessons plus a couple of hours out with my Dad just before my test (passed first time). If you find that you are still struggling after 20 lessons and are only taking one lesson a week move up to two lessons a week. Did wonders for my sister when she was learning.

Soldato
Del Lardo said:
15-18 lessons plus a couple of hours out with my Dad just before my test (passed first time). If you find that you are still struggling after 20 lessons and are only taking one lesson a week move up to two lessons a week. Did wonders for my sister when she was learning.

Exactly what i found, it took me like 38 hours in the end. The problem was i was only doing 1 hour a week, then the bare minimum my parents had to take me out (roughly 10 miles a week :( ). Then as i neared my first test i did 2-3 lessons a week and my overall skill shot right up, i would suggest to others to do like 2-3 hours a week learning and try to get your parents to take you out 2-3 hours also a week. That way it will be much cheaper for you, unlike it was for me.

I fialed the first time, few minors just one major though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Errr, think I had 24 hours in total.

Some of those were 2 hour lessons though. Passed first time with 8 minors :)

I still remember that amazing feeling I had on the day!

Associate
Did bike test first : 2 day course (10hrs riding) failed on 1st attempt, had 1hr before next test and passed.

8yrs later (2005) went for car test: 5 lessons, passed first time.

Luckily did my bike test at the right point in time when the thoery covered both cars and bikes so I didn't have to re-do a theory for my car test either :)

Associate
Had about 23 so far, and have got my test booked, so will have a few more in the meantime, even though I don't really need them. But obviously if I didn't have them then I would probably fall back below test standard.

Back
Top Bottom