• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fan for an Si120 cooler

Associate
Currently using a Vantech stealth 120 through a zalman fan mate 2(3 pin).
I also have a YS-TECH FD1238 but it only has 2 wires on a molex connector.
I want to use the YS fan but will need to be able to adjust the rpm/noise.
How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Associate
Oops, didn't read the post fully.

You can get Molex - 3pin fan connector adapters so you can use those, if you have to use the YS fans.

None of the fan controllers will work with fans that have Molex connectors, so other than cutting the cables and fitting a different adapter, I think Molex - 3pin adapters is the only way.

Soldato
jhmaeng said:
None of the fan controllers will work with fans that have Molex connectors, so other than cutting the cables and fitting a different adapter, I think Molex - 3pin adapters is the only way.
That's not correct. I have a Vantec fan controller and it accept either 3-pin or regular molex.

The extender cables plug into the controller using 3-pin but at the end of these cables u have both choices.

Back
Top Bottom