Search engine submission services?

Associate
Hi folks,
Can anyone recommend a website search engine submission service? I'm after something that will submit a bunch of sites to the major search engines on a monthly basis for a fee. Any other services (search engine optimisation reports etc) would be a bonus.

Any recommendations?

Cheers,
Matt

Associate
OP
Does no-one use these types of services then? What other methods do you use to get decent rankings? Bearing in mind I have a portfolio of about 30 odd sites at least that id like to do this on.

Cheers,
Matt

Associate
google do theirs for free. but yahoo charges around £40. If you use say reg-123 as your domain name provider they have a google and other not to popular search engine submission for free. They also give you the chance to pay £40 or whatever it is so you will appear on Yahoo.

You can also submit your website by using free services such as:

http://www.submitexpress.com/submit.html

Permabanned
There is no real point in doing this, do not pay to be submitted.

Search engines will index you a lot quicker if you simply get linked on sites already in Google.

You can also submit your website by using free services such as:

http://www.submitexpress.com/submit.html

No don't use that, its basically an email harvester. They'll submit your site to search engines yes, but they also submit your email address and other info. Avoid.

Associate
OP
I did do a site with SubmitExpress and haven't received an spam whatsoever actually.

So in general, do people just do it manually? And how do you get links from other people? Do you just contact sites listing similar websites to yours or enter it into these directory things?

Matt

Soldato
feenster99 said:
So in general, do people just do it manually?
Yes, there's a whole industry based around search engine optimisation. Inbound links can be [generally] natural (someone likes your site and links to it), paid-for (advertising) or exchanged/reciprocol (I put a link on my site, and you put one to mine on yours).

A single external inbound from a site known to search engines is enough to get yourself indexed. You don't need to continually submit your site, just ensure your site is continually updated.

Paying for Yahoo is to get into their directory, which is different than their regular search index - though it does tend to favour sites in its own directory.

Getting a high ranking is another story altogether, and there are many techniques involved in it. For a start, read the SEO thread in the archive.

Permabanned
feenster99 said:
I did do a site with SubmitExpress and haven't received an spam whatsoever actually.

So in general, do people just do it manually? And how do you get links from other people? Do you just contact sites listing similar websites to yours or enter it into these directory things?

Matt

Not saying that particular site, but if I was you don't use these submission websites to do it.

Associate
i've not tried any other than that one and i didnt get any spam. I must have got lucky, however I also didn't notice any difference for that particular website.

I did use an application i got hold of which did make a difference (however google only ever found it then if i typed in the website name which is a made up name, I still couldn't find the site with practical search results e.g. 'bargain web design england' I could only find it by typing e-aura). The site is www.e-aura.co.uk

When I get home i'll dig up the application name.

Associate
ironically my own personal website that i'm not so bothered reaching an audience as it's not their to make money, shows up page 1 on google and has done for a very long time, simply by typing in my name 'richard brown' (my site is www.richard1973.co.uk) it's not a plug.

and all i did for that was enter reg-123's search engine option for free. My other website www.addad.co.uk can only be found by typing addad so thats pointless too, and i've tried to get that out there as well lol

oh well.

Permabanned
richard1973 said:
ironically my own personal website that i'm not so bothered reaching an audience as it's not their to make money, shows up page 1 on google and has done for a very long time, simply by typing in my name 'richard brown' (my site is www.richard1973.co.uk) it's not a plug.

and all i did for that was enter reg-123's search engine option for free. My other website www.addad.co.uk can only be found by typing addad so thats pointless too, and i've tried to get that out there as well lol

oh well.

Don't be daft, you didn't appear on Googles first page because you submitted the URL through 123-Reg's submission. :rolleyes:

You appeared on the first page because Google indexed your content well, and its relevant to the search term "richard brown".

However those keywords arn't a fantastic thing to boast about, if your site was displayed first on the page for "web portfolio" or something that would be much better. :)

Associate
OP
Augmented said:
Yes, there's a whole industry based around search engine optimisation. Inbound links can be [generally] natural (someone likes your site and links to it), paid-for (advertising) or exchanged/reciprocol (I put a link on my site, and you put one to mine on yours).

A single external inbound from a site known to search engines is enough to get yourself indexed. You don't need to continually submit your site, just ensure your site is continually updated.

Paying for Yahoo is to get into their directory, which is different than their regular search index - though it does tend to favour sites in its own directory.

Getting a high ranking is another story altogether, and there are many techniques involved in it. For a start, read the SEO thread in the archive.

Ah cool, hadn't spotted that post. I've got plenty to read through in during my lunch hour tomorrow. Thanks chaps :)

Matt

Back
Top Bottom