• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How noisy IS the X1900??

Soldato
There is no way the xt1900xt-x fan can be called quiet.

In my system i have one 40mm fan , two 60mm fans , one 70mm fan , one 80mm fan and one 92mm fan and the xt1900xt-x fan is much louder then all them fans running together.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I owned a 512 7800 before mine and that was a fair bit quieter to be honest!
Most peole get frightened the first time they boot up with one of these as the fan spins full throttle until the driver kicks in!

I would say the noise level of the ATI cards is acceptable but a little on the noisy side!

Permabanned
dont be soft, it only comes on full chat for a few seconds when you boot up.
when is your fan gonna be on 100% never unless you overide the settings.
its not loud even under heavy sessions of bf2. :)

Soldato
I think it goes more by where you have your system case...If you have it on the floor next to your desk,then i guess it would sound fairly quiet..
But if you have your case on top of your desk right next to your keyboard (like i have) then it sounds very loud..

Soldato
Mines on a stand next to me and I can't hear the card in 2D over the case fans. It's all a bit objective. If you can hear it, then you can hear it. I'd imagine it could drive you nuts.

Soldato
fornowagain said:
Mines on a stand next to me and I can't hear the card in 2D over the case fans. It's all a bit objective. If you can hear it, then you can hear it. I'd imagine it could drive you nuts.

For first few days..Then i find you get used to it..

Back
Top Bottom