Max settings for a Venice?

Associate
Hiya, I'm really starting to push my 3500+ Venice as used in my Project Red Alert and wondered what the top end of things like temps are.

Current settings ( under prime95 test at the moment so don't knwo how stable ) are 237fsb with Voltage of 1.5V. So 2.6Ghz. 1.475V locked up fairly quickly under prime.

Permabanned
My overclocks are in my sig. You may try wanting to run a smaller divider on you ram, may be causing the lockups.
My 3200+ runs at 2.4 no problems with no divider. I dont hit over 40C temps, but thats because it in a usually cold area.

MC_Bob

Associate
OP
Big.Wayne said:
what do you mean? that the dividers don't work with this memory or?
Can't see any option to in the BIOS ( AN8 Fat1lty).

I've slackend off the timings of the RAM to keep it happy ( set it to that that's reccomended for like 400FSB) so I will tighten it after.

PSU is a Tagan 430W. She's running stable so far at 1.525/237 but want to know when I should get worried.

Associate
OP
Ok she's been running a while under prime.. seems stable BUT I am a little concerned about the load temperatures...

56degC max...

This is meant to be a project where I'm trying to push her to the limits but is this getting a bit tooo far?

Soldato
well for the A64 temps of 55-60 should be the max, if u start to go too high u will see it crashing and you should seriously think about getting more powerful cooling, eg artic cooler pro, scythe ninja or water if u want to go the whole hog. Otherwise good luck and sounds good if a bit warm.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys - sounds like your right as as I push past 1.5V and 233FSB things get warm and prime doesn't last long once I hit 55+degC.

Currently running 1.5V/233FSB and topping at 48-50 but now trying to keep memory tight as I'm sure that's the current problem preventing higher FSB. (did a 5 hour no-Ram prime95 test which was fine but a test at same settings WITH ram failed).

Back
Top Bottom