• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is CrossFire worth it?

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Arcane said:
Mate,

Hang on and do a complete overhaul, socket AM2, DDR2 and PCI-E, if you can wait till 2nd quarter that is.

Very good point. I think I'll wait around for a while :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Nvidia G71 7900 GT's & GTX's are out end of second half of this year...and your looking at prices probably in the range of £550 maybe even £600 for the GTX...The ATI's new range to rival Nvidia is most probably going to be cheaper...but trust me though this year and the first quarter of 2007 is going to be big for the computer industry, both graphically and in the means of CPU compatibility with all current motherboard platforms…Intel are heading in the direction of the 975X and the 955X chip sets…and there is only one out at percent that actually as crossfire believe it or not…and iwhich is even future compatible with SLI with driver updates “Gigabyte G1-Turbo G1975X Intel 975X”

Imho I wouldn’t even consider a pc upgrade or anything along the lines of graphically changing your system; it’s simply not worth it…not until September, October this year.

If you google around abit you’ll see what I mean like with regards to the new FX-62 and the AM2 CPU’s/Chipsets…(AMD 5000+ 5200+) it just seems to me like at the moment the computer industry is doubling its progress two fold with all this new technology. Even over the last past four years we haven’t seen this much advance.

Sorry to babble, but this is my opinion. :D

Soldato
I agree - the PC world has been rather stagnated

The 3Ghz P4, for example, was available in mobile form in laptops three years ago! It seems to have taken a long time for it to reach 3.8Ghz (yes with a few improvements)

Multi core, a new architecture (like AMDs) and high clock speeds (3Ghz+) will all be here within the next year or so :)

Back
Top Bottom