What is the highest speed RAM can i get with...

Associate
I have atm 4x512mb modules and wanting to upgrade to 2x1GB, so that in the future i can just add another 2x1gb.
But for now what i want to know is....

1) The highest speed modules that i can get with my current setup! (PC SPEC IN SIG)

2) I want something with good timings not the best (coz they are expensive :eek: )

3) Which make is the better in your opinion?

Last edited:
Associate
The Geil ZXs are very good and comparitively inexpensive. They are probably the best value premium set on the market at the moment. They'll certainly be quicker than the 4x512 set you are using now.

Associate
OP
man_from_uncle said:
The Geil ZXs are very good and comparitively inexpensive. They are probably the best value premium set on the market at the moment. They'll certainly be quicker than the 4x512 set you are using now.

what and stick with PC3200 or go high?

Will my motherboard support greater speed than the PC3200 as in the manual it says it is the max you can put in? Is there something i can increase to put a greater speed in?

Thanks for the reply! :)

Associate
So far no 1 gig sticks do 2-2-2-5 at any speed (not quite true i know, but certainly close enough considering that the ballistix die if you do that to them), the muskin, corsair and gskills get the closest though. I haven't heard much about the mushkin yet, but I do know from experiance that the corsair can generally be pushed further than the G skill with tight timings.

Associate
Get the mushkin redline 2x1gig kit - I'm guessing you didn't buy that stupidly expensive CPU with unlocked multi's to run it at stock htt.

Back
Top Bottom