The SFF Case Gallery And Specs Thread

Associate
malcson said:
did you mod the case 2 fit the hi :rolleyes: per psu chap can you post a few pics 4 me as i need 2 change mine soon

P1010006.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010012.jpg

Nope i didnt mod the case as you can see from the top pic its very tight and i havent used the 2 top right connectors on the psu which are just for the 4 pin connectors like on fans etc. Whats good about the hyper psu's for this case are obviously its modular but the wires are just about right length and theyre not to long so it takes up space!

Associate
erm it a mic branded cd drive thingy!! i think thats the make?? i got it with an older comp...
as i pushed the drive in i did it slightly at an upward angle and when it was in i pushed it down and screwed it in place ha ha ha!
when you work with a qpack dont be ashamed to cry!! ;) i think i shed a tear of frustration or 2 when i was sorting mine, but its worth that bit of heartache in the end!

Soldato

Form Factor: No idea
Manufacturer: ASUS
CPU: 2.8GHz Pentium 4 (Prescook)
RAM: 1GB (2x512MB DDR400)
HDD(s): 160GB Samsung 8MB/7200rpm IDE
GFX: Integrated ATi Radeon 9100IGP w/ 64MB Shared (Runs BF2 :eek: )
Speed (if overclocked): n/a
Temps: 55-65 CPU 30-45 Case

Soldato
ASUS Pundit-R (Case, Mobo, PSU inc o/b graphics + sound) = £105
Pentium 4 2.8GHz - £50 off MM
1GB DDR400 - £45 off MM
HDD - £55
TV Card (Compro T200)- £35
SoundCard (Turtle Beach Montego as the onboard was a bit crap) - £35
DVD ROM - £12

So in total about £350

You could easily get that down to about £200-£250 though as you only really need CPU + RAM + HDD + Optical to get a functioning machine.

One thing I would definitely recommend with this machine is AVOID THE PRESCOTT! I had to remove the stock 70mm fan as it spun up so much and replaced it with a 92mm fan, but it's still not desperately silent. Stick something like a Northwood 2.4GHz in there and it'll be a nice fast, silent machine :)

Associate
3.JPG

Still needs a bit of finishing off trim around the gfx waterblock and a vfd to be put in the front and res attached properly

Form Factor: Shuttle Form Factor
Manufacturer: Shuttle
CPU: Athlon 64 3400+ (Newcastle)
RAM: 2x 512Mb Geil 3200 Value
HDD(s): 120Gb Maxtor SATA
GFX: X850 pro Vivo
Speed: CPU: 2520MHz GFx: 550/1200
Temps: idle/load CPU: 25/50 Gfx 35/50

Last edited:
Associate
Its not a kit but the parts i've used are:
Polarflo TT Gfx & CPU Blocks
XSPC Res
Danger Den DDC Pump
Thermochill 80mm rad mounted internally with a 120mm fan mounted on an adaptor on the back
Tygon tubing was a must to get some of the radi needed

Soldato
Going to Cali said:
soltekarctic.jpg

soltekblowhole.jpg

3801d33.jpg

3801c33.jpg

blowhole.jpg

Have also modified my drive cage. Before it hit my cpu hsf when I removed it and since I only used the top portion for a DVD and had a spare 5.25" bay I bought some hard-drive spacers, moved the hard-drive into the 5.25" slot beneath the dvd and dremeled off the rest. Also seems to have improved airflow.
Adding the blow-hole was good as well, cpu idles at 30, case at 27, hard-drive at 15 and the graphics card at 31. Am very pleased with the mod.

thats amazing work m8 can i just ask though how did u no where to cut the panel for the gpu hs and how did u ???? reason i ask is with me getting a new 1900xtx for my main rig i can put the 6800u ithat i have inside the soltek case that i have

Associate
steveo said:
thats amazing work m8 can i just ask though how did u no where to cut the panel for the gpu hs and how did u ???? reason i ask is with me getting a new 1900xtx for my main rig i can put the 6800u ithat i have inside the soltek case that i have

Thanks for the compliments, will try to remember what I did!

Firstly, on the arctic cooling website there are templates for the coolers. I printed that off and made a slightly larger (helps when you need to remove case!) cardboard copy.

Second, I fitted the cooler to the graphics card and put it in the system before i touched the case.

With the new cooler on, I took measurements (and took them again!) of where the cooler sat and then translated that onto the case panel. Once I'd worked out where the cooler would be, I fixed the template on to the case panel and dremelled it out before sanding the edges and adding a chrome trim to make it look better.

It's not really an exact science. I'd say the best thing you can do is take lots and lots of time and work out exactly where you need to cut before you do it. I'd never done any sort of modding/diy before so If I can, i'm sure you can, just take your time!

Soldato
results so far , i never thought of looking for a template lol dam glad u told me that.
dscn13234ee.jpg

dscn13261zo.jpg

would u perhaps still have the template just looked on artics site and i dont think there on it any more :(

Last edited:
Soldato
the psu is still in the normal place its just on the top pic its hanging out on the other side, as for the mods am doing the gpu section on one side and then for the 120mm fans am cutting a section out and having a grill with the trim on but before i put the trim and grills on am going to see a m8 and see if he could paint the caseing and the front panel for me still not sure on colours was thiking a yellow or a dark blue

[email protected]

lol yea i no its a wierd one but i have had it for years now

Back
Top Bottom