SiSoft Sandra crashes pc

Associate
Why should sisoft sandra crash my pc?

I'm running a DFI lan Party NF4 SLI Dr Expert / AMD 64X2 4400+ / OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200 RAM. Only the one graphics card atm a Gigabyte X800XL fanless model.

As soon as I try a mem test or one of the combined tests the pc crashes. Note the pc's at stock - this is before I've tried overclocking it - which I was quite looking forward to doing......

It had been suggested that my RAM was faulty - but I've just ran Memtest86+ for 12hrs and there are no errors there.

Is there anything I should be doing with windows (XP Pro) wrt the dual core processor - patches or reg tweaks etc I seem to recall reading something about that but cannot recall just what. Must be the creeping senility......!

Any ideas anyone?

Associate
I had exactly the same issue with an expert. Realy unstable. RMA'd it and bought an ASUS. I've had a rock solid overlclocked system ever since.

Best of luck with your component fussy m/b.

Matt

Associate
OP
Seasonic S12 600W Silent ATX2.

Passmark runs ok too - comes up with a score of 647 - as I say, at stock. I'd really like to be able to run sisoft though.

Associate
When I had thae same issue it was with a single core CPU. Your PSU is one of the best, so no issues there!
Do you have issues with any other software? Could it be just Sandra?

If so I wouldn't worry too much. Any gen on DFIStreet?

Matt

Associate
OP
Thanks for that Matt. I'd never been to DFI-Street before but a quick look shows that I'm not the only one with this problem. Still haven't found the cause yet - I'll have to look harder!

Back
Top Bottom