Personal Reg Plates

Soldato
VX22017.jpg

Not personal, but car specific.

Man of Honour
I have a genuine question. Why are you and others prepared to pay quite a lot of money to have your initials displayed on your car? The only people who are going to know what it means is yourself, your family/friends and maybe the neighbours. I can understand personal plates on exclusive cars which mean something in relation to the car but I've never understood the point in having your initials there.

I get the impression it's a status thing, i.e. 'I have enough disposable income to throw away money on a number plate'.
Is there something more to it that I'm missing? I'm not being arsey, I'd just like to know the reasoning behind it. :)

Soldato
I wanted to get P7RAS before i moved out of the uk.

There is a plate i want to buy for my dad, N4REN I did a search on the RAC site and it is on a really old merc. And idea how i can find the owner?

Last edited:
Soldato
A mate of mine has D5 CHE on his car, his surname is Dyche. D7 had obviously gone already.

I was after either 1 UKE (100k+) or one for my bike that ends in CBR.

Another mate of mine, lee, has a Honda RVF400, he was trying to find L33 RVF, that would have looked awesome in bike plate format too!

Don
Rotty said:
M3 KOP is avaialble on the DVLA website

anyone got 1400 quid spare ? :(

well it was last week , it's gone now

mmm, my 40th birthday in 6 weeks , wonder if any of my family were feeling extremely generous :p

Soldato
I am after a few ideas about a new plate actually, so I think this thread will suit.

I am just about to order a new plate for my bike but I dont know what slogan to put at the bottom, there are 20 on the site but I dont like most of them, the only one I would consider was "Takes corners better than Beckham"

Any other suggestions, I dont want swearing or abusive one, just ones that will put a smile on peoples faces

Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom