Why is the N70 so slow?

Suspended
I've been using mobile phones for a long time now, mostly S40 nokias, but I have used symbian ones in the past, starting with the huge yet great 7650. I got the N70 yesterday on roange and seems to be a lot slower than the 7650, menus take a lot longer to load, as does the camera, got so annoyed after 5 mins of using it that its now back in the box all sealed up

Soldato
Yeah, sadly this is a sacrifice you have to make when it comes to series 60. The old 7610, 3230 were even worse with a 125mhz processor. I believe the N70, 6680 and all the other newer S60 devices have a 200mhz or 220mhz processor (can't remember which). This improves things a bit, but still nowhere near as speedy as the series 40 devices you'll be used to. Rumour has it that the N80 features an even speedier processor, around 312mhz if I recall, so that might help to make it more responsive.

Suspended
OP
darnit, looks like i will be selling off the phone and sticking with my 8800 then, sucks big time as ive wanted a new phone for a while

Suspended
OP
mrochester said:
You sound like a bit of a fanatic like me... I just got a 7370 on Friday, and I'm already selling it on. My 8800 is just too nice too ;)

ive been through too many phones in a short period of times, was getting a new phone every 2 weeks for quite a while just to keep myself entertained, but then when I got my 6230 i stuck with it for 2 years, mainly because it had everything i needed in a handset, if the 8800 had expandable memory i would be happy with it, its a very nice phone but i also want a 2nd mobile with more feature, been looking at the 6270/80 but its a bit too big for my liking. The S60 phones are too slow, and I dont want any non nokia phones as i love the s40 interface

Soldato
I had the 6270 for literally a day, but it was faulty so it went back for a refund. That was definitely a pretty big phone. Have you seen the 6280 in the shops? It feels and looks considerably smaller than the 6270 because of the design.

Suspended
OP
I tried looking for the 6280 today whilst I was in town, couldnt find it any shop, tried cpw, o2, tmobile, orange, phone 4u and voda!

Don
just remove background, choose a REALLY simple white theme and move all things from phone to memory card, makes it a few times faster tbh

might get mine debranded to pep things up a bit again

Suspended
OP
bledd. said:
just remove background, choose a REALLY simple white theme and move all things from phone to memory card, makes it a few times faster tbh

might get mine debranded to pep things up a bit again

i'll try that once i get it debranded, orange firmware is drivin me nuts

Soldato
It is, got mine (orange N70) done today for £20, a lot quicker and looks better too. Nice phone now, but honestly Orange really do **** things up and I dont think its on. granted let them put there crap on your phone by all means, but just give US a option to turn it off if we dont want to use it.

Back
Top Bottom