Best pda type phone?

Soldato
Im looking to buy a new pda phone but since iv never owned one before I have no idea about which to go for, hoping some of you guys can help me out abit here.

Must:
- be relatively small
- have decent camera
- have bluetooth

I will be using it with satnav also, so a decent sized screen aswel, and also with a decent mp3 player. I will get a 1gb/2gb memory card for it, btw what is the max size memory card available?

Finally I will be looking to get one to put my PAYG sim into, not on contract, which do you recommend and how much should I be looking to pay? Thanks :)

Suspended
xda mini s, price is about £280 on fleabay. Decent size, good cam, has bluetooth and its easy to use. Good for sat nav with tomtom, got a 1gig mini sd card in mine, works like a charm with pocketmusic installed, or can just used media player, great for videos as well

Associate
I don`t agree that the camera is good on the wizard/vario/mini s though....I think the camera is rubbish, but apart from that its a great device.

Soldato
OP
gib786 said:
xda mini s, price is about £280 on fleabay. Decent size, good cam, has bluetooth and its easy to use. Good for sat nav with tomtom, got a 1gig mini sd card in mine, works like a charm with pocketmusic installed, or can just used media player, great for videos as well

That looks like it fits the bill, so I will definately look into that one. Btw mate if you have msn and are free to chat sometime, add me on (email in trust), would like to ask you abit more about the phone if possible before/if I buy it :)

Soldato
OP
stomly said:
I don`t agree that the camera is good on the wizard/vario/mini s though....I think the camera is rubbish, but apart from that its a great device.

Although id like it to have a camera, I dont think I will use the camera that much anyway :p If camera quality is bad like you say, how about the video recording quality?

Soldato
I've got an iMate K-Jam which is basically the same device as the XDA Mini S. I've had it for a couple of months and I've got so used to it that I'd be lost without it.

The camera is pretty crap but that doesn't bother me. The phone itself is very good though, it can seem a bit slow to respond at times but it doesn't do it very often.

I've got a 2Gb Mini SD card in mine, with TomTom 5 and several of the European maps plus a gig or so of MP3's on it. The bundled headphones aren't great for listening to music though.

Soldato
the orange m600 looks very promising, based on the HTC prophet, 416mhz processor instead of the crappy 200mhz in the mini s, 128mb of ram, inbuilt wifi, edge and not anywhere near as thick as it doesnt have the poor inbuilt keyboard :) Dunno how long until it's easy available though.

Tom.

Suspended
the o2 atom is the same as the orange m600 iirc, thats the one to go for if you dont want a keyboard, personall I feel the keyboard make the pda more easy to use

Soldato
gib786 said:
the o2 atom is the same as the orange m600 iirc, thats the one to go for if you dont want a keyboard, personall I feel the keyboard make the pda more easy to use

the atom is very similar to the m600, but not made by HTC and is a bit smaller :)

Both are superior to the mini s though.

Tom.

Soldato
OP
4473_2.jpg

or

o2_xda_atom_side.jpg

Hmm personally I prefer the look of the o2 atom, can someone please tell me what are the major differences between the two? Apart from the obvious keypad at the side of the xda mini s, which I dont really like the look of anyway.

edit: Iv just seen an xda atom going on ebay for £420 at the moment with still afew hours remaining, so they aint cheap!

Last edited:

img

img

Associate
i got my xda mini s today. will let you know what i think of it.

I was of the impression the atom isnt going to released by o2 in the uk market

Suspended
atom has better processor and ram and is not as thick as the mini s. The atom was orig release for the asian market, but i think they will be releasing it in the uk later on. It can be bought sim free from other places online

Soldato
OP
gib786 said:
atom has better processor and ram and is not as thick as the mini s. The atom was orig release for the asian market, but i think they will be releasing it in the uk later on. It can be bought sim free from other places online

How much is it currently going at sim free? Im guessing around £450-£500?

Anyone have any idea when it will officially be released in the UK?

Back
Top Bottom