A couple more Infra Red

Associate
I went for a wander today. Didn't actually get much of a chance to do much shooting, but did get a couple of nice shots :

Shot 1 :

Clicky

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D70
Image Date: 2006:02:15 14:17:19
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 20.0mm
Exposure Time: 5.000 s
Aperture: f/9.0
Exposure Bias: 5.00
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Comment: (C) Hoodi Ansari 2006

Shot 2 :

Clicky

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D70
Image Date: 2006:02:15 14:44:39
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 28.0mm
Exposure Time: 3.000 s
Aperture: f/13.0
Exposure Bias: 3.00
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Comment: (C) Hoodi Ansari 2006

Some nasty flare on the second one, and there is some great texture on the water in the lower right, too - but I can't recover it without making it look unnatural.

Ho hum, I rather like them both anyway :)

Associate
OP
I didn't actually want him there, and told him to bog off... In the end I just decided I'd clone him out later. But when I looked at the pic, I felt the same way you do :)

Cheers ;)

Bloody D70's and IR. They produce so much better results than Canon's.
I like them both too mate. I prefer the 2nd one as it has the river in it (and water in IR is always a eyecatcher)

Edit;
The first has a nice perspective feel going on.

Associate
OP
Cheers guys :)

@ undilutedethics - no, I think the broken and jagged rocks beneath him put him off :D

Does anyone know of an effective way to get rid of flare splodges in post processing? Two big yellowy circles in the top left of the frame, second shot.

edit @ P_S - yeah, I <3 my D70 for IR :D

Funny though, because they're good at it due to the relative inneficiency of the hotfilter :s

If, when I upgrade my body, the D70 doesn't have much resale value, I'll mod it and remove the hotfilter altogethor. Uber IR! :D

hoodmeister said:
Cheers guys :)

@ undilutedethics - no, I think the broken and jagged rocks beneath him put him off :D

Does anyone know of an effective way to get rid of flare splodges in post processing? Two big yellowy circles in the top left of the frame, second shot.

edit @ P_S - yeah, I <3 my D70 for IR :D

Funny though, because they're good at it due to the relative inneficiency of the hotfilter :s

If, when I upgrade my body, the D70 doesn't have much resale value, I'll mod it and remove the hotfilter altogethor. Uber IR! :D
I am doing that to a 5D next year! completely remove the filter and place the IR screen over the sensor so 1/500th IR shots Portraits Wooohoo! :D

Associate
OP
Bit of fun : My mate took a pic of me taking the second pic :D

thepursuitofperfectionbycjthom.jpg

What do people think of this version of the first one? I quickly cloned my mate and slapped him more to the left of the frame :

arches8ba.jpg

Associate
OP
A few "key" things with IR & a dSLR that I missed completely when I started shooting it :
Custom WB
Focus adjustment
+2 to 5 EV depending on conditions if using Aperture // Shutter priority
flare if using a front filter

Back
Top Bottom