Steam/HL2 Problems

Associate
Hey everyone, I'v just re-installed HL2 and steam on my comp. And i've also put on the Goldeneye:Source Mod. But the problem is, when I try and run any of the games, it says preparing to launch..... then nothing happens! I've tried with the latest catalyst drivers, and also the latest Omega drivers. Its driving me insane!

Any help will be greatly apprieciated!

-Fergie-

Associate
OP
Ah rite, well it is 100% for the games i've been trying to play, its only Counter Strike which isn't. Yet the other games still don't play.

-Fergie-

Edit - I have yet to update 'Source SDK' in the tools, would this have anything to do with it? Probably stupidly obvious but hey!

Last edited:
Associate
hi,
i had this problem a while back,nothing would start up at all :(
in the end i reinstalled hl2 (after uninstalling and clearing out any reg files associated with it)and re installed direct x9c. this got it up and running,i do have a suspicious feeling it was direct x more than anything else.might be worth a shot.
all the best,
steve.

Associate
OP
muzzler said:
hi,
i had this problem a while back,nothing would start up at all :(
in the end i reinstalled hl2 (after uninstalling and clearing out any reg files associated with it)and re installed direct x9c. this got it up and running,i do have a suspicious feeling it was direct x more than anything else.might be worth a shot.
all the best,
steve.

Bingo! I actually didnt have the latest directX, because I hadnt put any games on my PC since I re-formatted it last. Thanks for the help :)

-Fergie-

Back
Top Bottom