Company Address on Website

Soldato
Hi
If you have a website for a company, do you have to have an address on there somewhere?

What other legal things do you need? It is only a simple page, nothing like OCUK with ordering system, its for a plumbing company so its more of an advert than something to directly make money from if yo uget what i mean

thanks

Associate
Since when did plumbers have to advertise for work? ;)

I don't think you have to have a mail address on there if the site is not selling something directly.

Associate
It should be fine. Many plumbers and the like don't put their addresses in the yellow pages, just a phone number. There's no reason why it would be any different for a webpage based "advert".

Permabanned
I believe its only the distance selling act, that requires companies selling online to provide an address. Since your not selling anything it wouldnt apply.

However surely its good practice to put an address?

Soldato
Chronicle said:
Hi
If you have a website for a company, do you have to have an address on there somewhere?

What other legal things do you need? It is only a simple page, nothing like OCUK with ordering system, its for a plumbing company so its more of an advert than something to directly make money from if yo uget what i mean

thanks

I'm sure there was some regulations from the DTI back in 2003 that specified you should have information regarding the web site's terms of use and privacy policy, not sure if the latter applies if you're not collecting any personallly identifiable material though, the terms of use would generally contain the contact address, company number & registered address (if it's a limited company)

Soldato
Not sure about putting the address on the website itself (Surely that's a bit trivial though?), but businesses with uk domain names can't opt-out of having their contact details (address, phone number) in WHOIS records.

Associate
burbleflop said:

sorry i know this is completely OT :rolleyes: but i noticed in your specs you have a z1p in a shuttle SN25P, just wonderin how well it fits, was there a big drop in noise and could you use the vga block without blocking the other slot?

Soldato
n3vrmind said:
sorry i know this is completely OT :rolleyes: but i noticed in your specs you have a z1p in a shuttle SN25P, just wonderin how well it fits, was there a big drop in noise and could you use the vga block without blocking the other slot?

It fits well, but the CPU bracket that comes with the kit doesn't fit, you need the S478 (I think) bracket. I hacked up the ICE module from the SN25P to make it fit. There was a huge drop in noise, the thing is now almost silent.

I'm not sure if the VGA block blocks the other PCIe slot though, I'll take a look when I get home next week.

Probably best to email me (address in trust) if you've got any other questions save redrailing the thread too much.

Back
Top Bottom