• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Video Corruption

kbc

kbc

Associate
Hmm... I'm in need of some vital help. I've just recently sold a GeForce 6800LE to someone who owns a small form factor PC by Biostar. He's now having problems with the card and it's causing extremely bad video corruption illustrated here - I was told it's intermittent... but it's more often the case than it isn't.

Now that's serious stuff. But I shipped it as fully functional and was told it didn't look damaged during transit. With those SFF PC, I'm led to believe they have a 200-300W PSU installed. Basically can a weak PSU like this cause video corruption?

kbc

kbc

Associate
OP
Phil99 said:
What sort of temperatures is it running at?

I'm not certain, but the distortion and corruption occurs intermittently and on cold boots.

This is part of the e-mail:

The problem seems to be intermittant; the vast majority of the time the card isn't working but occasionally is does. I've had it working for over an hour on one occasion, but generally it is playing up on boot-up or in one case it was working for 10 mins then went distorted. It's not an overheating issue since it fails pre-POST when the machine is cold. It's not a driver issue, since again it fails pre-POST before windows even starts to load.

Soldato
Does he have another PC to test it in?

If not, probably easier to send it back and let you test it as you know it should work.

kbc

kbc

Associate
OP
Phil99 said:
Does he have another PC to test it in?

If not, probably easier to send it back and let you test it as you know it should work.

Well I guess that's the way it goes... but just wanted to verify whether a weak PSU can actually cause this problem or is it a case of it either works or it doesn't. But I've mailed him to try it in another PC. :)

Back
Top Bottom