Freeview C4 + ITV = B0rked?

Aod

Aod

Soldato
i have no idea, they work on non-digital mode, but in digi-mode they don't.

the signal information window (on the TV) shows the signal strength at 27% (which is normal) but it keeps going to 27% for 1 second, then 0% for a second and back again, ad nauseum.

it it just me?

Associate
On the freeview tuner built into my TV their working, signal starts off unwatchable then just goes completely. However, via the external freeview + HDD box, they work fine, which is very strange and quite annoying.

Man of Honour
As I just found out (on the nebula forums), ITV/C4/C5 are transmitted in 64QAM, which is inherently more susceptible to interferance/problems. Doesn't account for the analogue disruption though. :)

Soldato
Ciba said:
Dont get them here in Pompey - apprently cos it interfers with French tv transmissions. Oddly enough we get E4+1 but not E4.
If you are using the Rowridge transmitter from the Isle of Wight it carries the full compliment of channels, ITV, C4, E4, everything. If someone has told you something else either you have some interference problem or they're having you on.

Associate
How do you find out what transmitter you are using - also guess its not possible to change it either.

Just going by what my lectuer told us in one of our lectures.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Ciba said:
How do you find out what transmitter you are using

I 'think' some digi boxes give the transmitter codes that you're using so you could find out that way. Failing that, it's more than likely the closest one to you.

also guess its not possible to change it either.

If you move your aerial you can change it provided their in range. The one we use is about 40 miles from us, however our closest transmitter is around 6 miles, but that doesn't broadcast digital :). Although it means that we get Birmingham news :/

Soldato
Ciba said:
How do you find out what transmitter you are using - also guess its not possible to change it either.

Type your post code here Clicky

The only way to change transmitter is to move to another area. Unless of course you live in between 2 transmitters.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
OP
yer, i get all my stuff from Xtal Palace too.

tried re-scanning it, no worky and the aforementioned channels are no-longer on the channel list. :p

strange E4+1 and more4+1 both work fine...

Back
Top Bottom