Are there any old xbox games worth looking at for 360?

Soldato
Getting tired of waiting for March, and a useless retailer is still awaiting stock of CoD2 so I haven't even seen a replacement for my copy in weeks now.

So I've decided that maybe I could purchase some old xbox games, but what ones? The 360 is my first console in ages so I dunno about the good stuff on the xbox. I've been replaying San Andreas a lot on the PC over the past few days, so I guess getting it for the 360 won't hurt.

Any recommendations?

Man of Honour
Stuff that will work on it that I would reccomend:
Ninja Gaiden Black
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Jade Empire
Forza Motorsport
Grand Theft Auto Vice City / San Andreas

Soldato
If you are using a VGA cable you'd be as well forgetting about backwards compatibility until Microsoft does something to sort out the "Does not support current resolution" problem.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
DaveyD said:
Stuff that will work on it that I would reccomend:
Ninja Gaiden Black
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Jade Empire
Forza Motorsport
Grand Theft Auto Vice City / San Andreas
You recommended the exact games I was going to recommend :D
Spooky :p

Soldato
Jade Empire works well? I'm sure I read an IGN report saying there were issues. But then I completed NGB despite its issues as it was a very very good game.

Soldato
Played Jade Empire from beginning to end on my 360 through the VGA cable and had no problems. There was some slowdown in some cut scenes, and occasionally in certain parts of some towns. However, anywhere there was combat, I found no slowdown.

Jade Empire has got to be up there with the best RPGs I've ever played.

Follow DaveyD's list, he knows what hes talking about :)

Permabanned
Personally I thought Forza was rubbish but each to their own. I understand it runs even slower on the 360 than on the Xbox, if that's possible.

Associate
Not sure if they work on the 360 but old X-box games I've just got & I'm loving are...

Moto GP 3
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Voodoo Vince
Kung Fu Chaos
Crimson Skies
Project Zero
Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly directors cut

Those last 2 are so scary it's not funny :(
Lights out, Dolby Digital on turned up on your own & I kid you not you are in for one of the nastiest gaming experiences EVER IMO :( :(

Neil

Associate
dirtydog said:
Unfortunately some of those at least don't work, eg. Moto GP 3 and the Project Zero games - which I agree, are good :)

Aaaah man what a rip :(:(

Guess I'll be keeping the Crystal X-box then when I finally do get round to getting my 360

Neil

Soldato
dirtydog said:
Personally I thought Forza was rubbish but each to their own. I understand it runs even slower on the 360 than on the Xbox, if that's possible.

Must admit I didnt get on with this game either, mostly due to the driving perspectives being awful. Felt like you were either looking from 1 ft off the floor or stood on the roof of the car, nothing in the middle.

Shame though as graphically it was great.

Associate
Im dissapointed with the lack of response from Microsoft with regards to backwards compatability. I have so many xbox games wanting to be played right now.

Jet set radio future
Beyond Good and Evil
Shenmue 2
street fighter 3

Kind of regreting selling rainbow 6 now. Really want to play it now I have live again.

Tell me, is Jade Empire REALLY that good and what did everyone think of
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. Appaerently it was 50/50

Permabanned
soundwave said:
Aaaah man what a rip :(:(

Guess I'll be keeping the Crystal X-box then when I finally do get round to getting my 360

Neil

Keep checking the MS compatibility list, it is possible they will be supported in future :)

Back
Top Bottom