Immobilizer confusion.

Soldato
Right, my mother has blagged the wifes 406 (instead of us laying it up for a few months until she's passed her test), and she's having trouble with the immobilizer.

It's this type ..
immobilizer.JPG

but i don't actually put a number in. When i've driven the car, i push the remote to open the doors, get in, start the engine and drive off. Seems easy enough to me.

Got a call this morning, she can't start the car, the red light won't go out, sometimes it flashes, the panel makes a buzzing noise when she turns the key, etc, etc.

I went out and checked the car this avo, got in, turned the key and it started first time :confused:

I suppose if i knew the code it might shut her up, but i don't have a clue. Any ideas what she is doing wrong? I couldn't get it to recreate the problem when i tried.

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe after she disarms the car gets in, puts her bag down, puts her seatbelt on more than 30 seconds has passed and the immobiliser has rearmed. Could ask her to start the car as soon as she gets in, assuming she doesnt do that now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd make sure she unlocks with the remote, and starts the engine immediately. It's probably either of those two not being done that's causing it.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
If it's the same problem a mate of mine had then it's definitely a time issue. I can't remember how long you get, but it may well be 30secs from unlocking.

Associate
start the car and pull the imobiliser box, it should unclip, then disconect the wire behind it. now you will never need to enter the code again !
well at least that works on the petrol 306's

Soldato
OP
Another call from mother :(

"Just to let you know, the sunroof leaks on that car", "i know, it's only a drip", "it's more than a drip, i had water running out of the controls for the sunroof earlier" (wtf? :confused: )

I drive out to check the car, she's been playing with the electric sunroof and not closed the begger properly! The back edge of the roof was dipped down as if it was going to slide back inside the roof! ARGH! We've had heavy rain the last few days and it has been urinating in through the part open roof, ARGH!!!!

I'm so glad my mother is borrowing the car for a few months. Honest.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I'm forced to put my code in no matter how I open the doors, can be rather annoying at times, especially if I've only been out the car for a minute :p.

Back
Top Bottom