• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How do i UNDERclock my GFX card?

Associate
Basically I am having some issues with random reboots in WoW, and my BF2 just closes to desktop sometimes. i think maybe my GFX card is over heating. Its a HIS X800 XT PE running at standard out the box speeds. (only recently started happening which is odd)

just trying to eliminate possible problems. Thanks in advance!

Ernest

Associate
Check the HSF.. it's quite possible it's clogged with dust. I would suggest either way getting a Zalman or Arctic cooler as they are better than the standard cooler. If indeed it is clogged with dust I'd suggest the Zalman as it's less likely to.

Associate
OP
ive pulled my gfx card out to get the dust out before.. A REAL MISSION since the AGP lock thingie is so hard to get to. And it has one of those big plastic coolers pre-fitted so it takes up the PCI slot below it.

Cool i will check rivatuner out as i want to monitor it closely before spending huge amounts of cash etc.

Associate
OP
geforceuser said:
use rivatuner to see temperatures during gameplay. also check rail voltages.

I am going to dl a voltage / CPU temp checker too, whats a good rail voltage... I never really doubted my PSU as its an Enermax Noisetaker 380 or 420w... cant really remember but the version was discontinued by enermax and a slightly high spec one (by 10-30watts) replaced it

Back
Top Bottom