Parking Ticket :( Where do I stand?

Associate
Hello,

Received a letter from the police this morning saying that I had not paid my fine within 28 days. (What fine?) Well the police never left a copy on my windscreen (2 mates in the car) so this is the first I have heard. They say it happened on 11-01-2006. The letter is dated 14-02-2006. Now its a £30 fixed penalty notice, for parking in a loading bay.

The reason I was parked in there is because it is right outside of the car shop, and I was getting some new windscreen wipers. (The man had to measure up the size)

Should I ring and dipute or do I not have a leg to stand on?

Regards

Soldato
if your story is correct then their copy of the ticket will not have your tax disc details.

the ticket require tax disc details, hence if they did not come over to your car as you and your mates say... then their ticket will not be complete.

Caporegime
It might looks like your trying to wriggle your way out of it with a lame excuse, it might just be better to pay the £30 and have done with it, suppose they could make trouble for you.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Firestar_3x said:
...they could make trouble for you.
That would make them Very Naughty People™

Ask for thier copy, and contest the fine.

The worst that could happen is you are hit with costs.

Associate
what questions are other people asking? are they linked could it be something dodgy going on with the warden?
i saw a repeat of 5th gear last night showing something similar if anyone else has seen it..

Back
Top Bottom