In the field for a S939 Mobo again: Asus Deluxe?

Soldato
I want to get this board now as the DFi was having problems booting up due to a ra00 revision and it's incompatibility with my Seasonic S12 PSU. :(

A few queries though before i snap it up, i will only have an X800XT PCI-E to run on it. Is that overkill and would i be better with a Premium. Secondly, i heard the Deluxe overclocks better at stock FSB? Coupled with my 2GB OCZ EB's at 2-3-3-8, this should be bliss.

Soldato
OP
Well I just bought the Deluxe. I've been through 3 forums and over five reviews and the Deluxe wins hands down. BIOS is changeable and includes a chipset fan which is optional. All the reviews show better overclockability too. The only issues raised are board layout, but i'm using a X800XT and no PCI cards, so the CMOS position under the 2nd PCI-E slot doesn't phase me. Copper heatsinks to go with my Akasa copper braided cables. BOOYAH!

Associate
I think you will find the chipset fan is required, unless you buy a passive cooler.
Why did you post this question if you have already made your mind up??????

Soldato
OP
I posted it before i made my mind up. :p

If the ASUS fan module is for use with water-cooling or passive heatsink fan solutions, doesn't that mean it isn't needed as the board is all cooled passively?

Soldato
I recommend the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, didn't see such a well built mobo ever!

Running that with an X850XT and Opteron, very sweet :)

The A8N32 does look quite tasty but it seems to offer less than the premium and costs more?

I don't think AGP x8 was fully used, let alone x16 (x8/x8) PCI-Express?

Who the heck needs x32(x16/x16) capable boards? what am I missing here?

Soldato
OP
Soldato
The Jet said:
You don't know what you are talking about, and clearly have never used this mobo, so what value does your opinion have. I'm not sure what these *issues* are and as you didnt use the mobo neither do you.

Keep doing your homework, but lemme just say you can read and read and read as much as u like, but this doesn't compare to actually owning something.

Does the A8N32 have 8x SATA ports? does it come with as good a bundle as the premium?

[edit] ok there is no need for this to get heated (these forums are friendly!), I just re-read the thread :) enjoy your A8N32, its a good board, but don't **** the premium haha :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You are right, i probably don't know what i'm talking about, then again i'm not basing my opinions just on reviews that use the best components, but also hands on experience from this as well as many other enthusiast forums.

Doing your homework may not compare to actually owning it, but it sure helps!

Bring on the A8N32! :p

[edit] I had no intention of getting heated, i just felt like you were ignoring the A8N32 due to your own experience with the Premium. I was not slagging off the Premium, simply reiterating what other people have said in the Official Asus Premium thread as a word of warning to potential buyers. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Big.Wayne, well said. Who would post such a question when they have already made there mind up, then disagree with advice given?

Blokes a noob!

Soldato
OP
I am new to A64, you sound a bit disgruntled by this. Have a biscuit. :)

A8N32 = PWNAGE!

[edit] I had a change of heart, no need to get all agitated man. I simply wanted opinions on the board even though i had already made my mind up. What is wrong with that? Better safe than sorry eh.

Last edited:
Associate
If you are new to A64, then take time to listen to others that aren't new to it.

There is allot to be learned from this forum is you are prepared to listen!

I hope your m/b works well for you.

Why would anybody give time to someone who does not accept what they say?

Have a biscuit yourself and contemplate on the above.

Matt

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
But i am listening to people with experience, you aren't the only one with hands on mate. :D

Quite simply i would not of be happy with a Premium board given the rapturous applause the A8N32 has been given and the things i've been reading in the official Premium thread. This is a friendly forum, but of course Wayne, but it's a forum for debating and making your own decisions. :)

There is no need to get all crazed because i haven't taken your advice and I apologies if it only took me ten minutes after your inital post to decide that. At least from that perspective i can understand why you would be annoyed. Again my apologies, it's all good man.

Back
Top Bottom