How long until you can BeThere?

Associate
yea im waiting for them to enabel my exchange too only can get 1mbit connection with pipex now and its not grate as it is so im not likly to get the full speed but even just a few more mbit a sec would be nice but i have no idea how good they are anyone with them already?

Soldato
cookie if you ordered with pipex for a upto 2megabit line and they provided you with 1megabit its probably because your line cant take beyond 1megabit.

Associate
Been connected since nov 05 here.

Be* are a bit over optimistic about exchange activation dates but during summer they should be enabling more exchanges

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
This house has a line capable of 512kbit, i somehow doubt that it'll ever see anything close to 24 :p

Associate
you damn lucky, the max i can get on my lines in 512k , apparently cause of the lenth of the lines from my exchange, i wonder if they will ever install cable in my area, does the lenth of the cable also the speed of ure connection ?

Soldato
sja360 said:
cookie if you ordered with pipex for a upto 2megabit line and they provided you with 1megabit its probably because your line cant take beyond 1megabit.

No this is not the case at all.....

If you have 44db attenuation, you cannot get 2mbit with bt adsl.

If you were to run the same line at the maximum rate, you would get much more, probably 5-6mbit.....

With a 1mbit line, it depends on your SNR. Mine is around 15-18db, I will be looking at 2.5-3mbit when MAX dsl gets rolled out. But it depends how conservative BT are with the SNR.

Soldato
Jez said:
This house has a line capable of 512kbit, i somehow doubt that it'll ever see anything close to 24 :p

If you have the best line in the world, you would not get 24mbit - the maximum reported was 23.5 I think, and that was on some high quality copper in another country.

Back
Top Bottom