Battlefield 2, patch 1.2

Soldato
Anyone out there actually like the damn thing? They've totally ruined the game balance.

Flying is now equivalent to suicide.
Every city server is mines galore.
C4s are twice as hard to use.
Tanks have an easier time still.
The new sniper rifle is overkill.
Medics get to be the new assault class.
Choppers are made out of toilet paper.
TV missiles have the range of a common firework.
Flares are useless.
The blackhawk railguns fire BBs.

All of this because people were whining about getting bombed. I realise the irony of this post, but what the hell was wrong with things before? AA has become point/click. Missiles do acrobatics unseen before. Flares are nothing more than a way to decorate the sky before you explode.

Now going in the sky is worthless. You'll never live. To hell with that. The game really has earned the name of battlefield. You'd be a fool to fly above the field now. If someone has a clue on how to survive in the air, then I urge them to share with me.

Caporegime
must admit id always complained about the planes/helis and how useless the fixed AA was against them.

imho they've got it just right, apart from the chaff being useless. That part isnt realistic and should be fixed. If your deploying chaff then the missile shouldnt hit you.

If it does, then it should take you down swiftly, as in real life, 2 good hits from AA missiles will bring down a heli / plane.

Associate
Flying is now equivalent to suicide - Can't say I agree, just have to be more tacticle now and take out the right targets and use cover instead of hovering over a spawn point racking up kills.
Every city server is mines galore. - Really? What server is that then?
C4s are twice as hard to use. - The way it's meant to be used or the C4 jump and blow technique?
Tanks have an easier time still. - I would say it's about the same if not harder, more people are playing the AT class at the moment.
The new sniper rifle is overkill. - Agreed, but as a sniper I'm not complaining.
Medics get to be the new assault class. - Agreed.
Choppers are made out of toilet paper. - Agreed
TV missiles have the range of a common firework. - Agreed
Flares are useless. - Unless used right before impact, agreed.
The blackhawk railguns fire BBs. - Nope, same damage as before but without splash damage.

Soldato
The game is totally different from the demo now.

Demo's are created to get a feel for the game to convince you to buy it. We bought it. 10 months later they changed it. I've now uninstalled the game and refuse to play it again.

Soldato
OP
WiBu said:
Flying is now equivalent to suicide - Can't say I agree, just have to be more tacticle now and take out the right targets and use cover instead of hovering over a spawn point racking up kills.

More tactical? You can't get within one kilometre of any AA point without getting owned.

WiBu said:
Every city server is mines galore. - Really? What server is that then?

Any server on Strike at StatsKand. I should know, I do it myself. Just dump claymores everywhere and get those kills.

WiBu said:
C4s are twice as hard to use. - The way it's meant to be used or the C4 jump and blow technique?

One of the nicer things about C4s was that I didn't need to be directly next to my target to make them of any use.

WiBu said:
Tanks have an easier time still. - I would say it's about the same if not harder, more people are playing the AT class at the moment.

C4s were my real enemy when I was in a tank and now C4s are nerfed.

WiBu said:
The blackhawk railguns fire BBs. - Nope, same damage as before but without splash damage.

Hence, BBs. With the amount of bullets a rail gun spews, you'd think killing would still happen as it used to.

Associate
The heat seaking missles are a lot harder to outrun on the new patch, so flying is not fun anymore :(

peterattheboro said:

Demo's are created to get a feel for the game to convince you to buy it. We bought it. 10 months later they changed it. I've now uninstalled the game and refuse to play it again.

bit OTT IMO, its not that different. But i have to admit its not exactly the same as the classic Gulf Of Oman demo..........

Last edited:
Caporegime
peterattheboro said:

to be fair though, the changes were brough about due to the demands of the people on the official forums.

cant say any fairer to DICE than to give us what we asked for...

Soldato
I saw plenty of guys in aircraft happilly going about their business earlier without being "owned" although the aircraft isn't something i bother with so i don't know much about em, however i do like the medic class now :D it's brilliant

Soldato
OP
MrLOL said:
to be fair though, the changes were brough about due to the demands of the people on the official forums.

cant say any fairer to DICE than to give us what we asked for...
We also asked for simple things like server filters which work properly, and they didn't deliver on that.

However, for £6, we can get a whole three new maps, which won't be 64 player, with a whole new set of skins for people and vehicles. HURRAH!

Damn them.

Caporegime
theres no denying the game was released unfinished. and theres no denying that the booster pack is shamefull. Valve put content out like that for free.

but you have to conceed the devolpers are trying, each time they try and address things that the community asked for. The searching was supposed to fixed this patch.

Soldato
OP
MrLOL said:
theres no denying the game was released unfinished. and theres no denying that the booster pack is shamefull. Valve put content out like that for free.

but you have to conceed the devolpers are trying, each time they try and address things that the community asked for. The searching was supposed to fixed this patch.

Well, it isn't. I can't use the filters where you type in a map name or parts of a map name. I just get zero servers.

I also wish simple things like parachute opening were fixed.

Also, when flying, why are there loads of targets on the ground which refer to friendlies or empty vehicles? The amount of teamkills because of that is driving me crazy.

Associate
peterattheboro said:
We bought it. 10 months later they changed it. I've now uninstalled the game and refuse to play it again.

amen to that, it was great while it lasted but it is a completely different game now and frankly its not something i want to play anymore :(

and no im not a plane/heli whore.
i just think theres too much thats been knackered up now, it will be 4-5 patches down the line before they get it right again and fairly balanced. i understand testing etc but it shouldnt be done with patches, all this trial and error crap should have been done before the darn game was sold if you ask me.

Last edited:

Aod

Aod

Soldato
for some reason when playing, i seem to CONSTANTLY get slaughtered immediately.

for example:

SPAWN... "xxx [hand grenade] [OcUK]Cypher_Aod"
10 second wait later...

SPAWN.. "xxx [hand grenade] [OcUK]Cypher_Aod"
10 second wait later...

SPAWN. "xxx [hand grenade] [OcUK]Cypher_Aod"

screw this, change kit + spawn point...

SPAWN. "xxx [xxx carbine at full auto while standing up and moving] [OcUK]Cypher_Aod"

it's just not fun anymore.

Associate
I welcomed the C4 nurfs, ive always thoight of c4 as a anti vehicle/ambush weapon, not an offencive front line weapon.

Ive had a lot of fun with C4 just by spotting an enemy tank coming along, sneaking some c4 intot he road and watching the fireworks. Sa,e can be said for an enemy squad, see loads of them then run away and set down some c4, wait till they all come running to kill you and boom! loads of kills :)

Soldato
The planes still tend to bomb my tanks a hell of a lot, AND kill me in one pass, so why are people moaning..? Because they dont get a 20/3 kill/death ratio on maps anymore? *Yawn*

Soldato
Choppers are a nightmare now, but it's still possible to kill - i got 26 kills in the chopper the other night on the map with the TV tower - loads of AA sites.

This was down to a great tactical pilot & me taking out the AA/TOW sites before shooting anything else :D

still got shot down a good few times though...

also make sure your on the same squad as the pilot/gunner so you can both spot and tell each other ;)

Soldato
I think the only thing im a tad annoyed with is that satnding up takes forever now, im there pressing control or space rapidly to stand up and run away but doesnt happen.

Think they should just have it like it was in the demo but find tweaks to make it run better and change things that need changing , not change things that made us buy the game in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom