Advice

Soldato
Hi guys,

Passed my driving test a month ago and since then I unfortunatey haven't found a car. I test drove a 98 white 1.2 clio (£1600) however I found the clutch is quite heavy even though it doesn't need replacing (dad is a mec). Milage is 84,000 and I was wondering you thoughts on the car? I was expecting the car is be slightly easier to drive.

Soldato
I have a 306 and it has the heavyest cluch in the world, but I dont find it a problem at all. Think all you have to do it get used to it, then it will be fine if not easyer.

Associate
Spamalot said:
I have a 306 and it has the heavyest cluch in the world, but I dont find it a problem at all. Think all you have to do it get used to it, then it will be fine if not easyer.

i have a mk1 '91 Clio. when i first drove it, the clutch was so heavy.. but u do get used to it. Also stops that bad habbit of sitting on the clutch when stopped in traffic on a hill, much easier to apply the hand (sorry, parking :p) brake

Caporegime
triggerthat said:
Hi guys,

Passed my driving test a month ago and since then I unfortunatey haven't found a car. I test drove a 98 white 1.2 clio (£1600) however I found the clutch is quite heavy even though it doesn't need replacing (dad is a mec). Milage is 84,000 and I was wondering you thoughts on the car? I was expecting the car is be slightly easier to drive.

My Mum had a 1.2 Clio (M Reg iirc) years back, that car had, perhaps, the lightest clutch I've yet to come across.....

Try another one before you disregard it.

That said, I hate French Cars and would'nt buy one. :p

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
You can pick up older Clios with autos for £1500. Renaults alledgedly have terrible gearbox problems but my girlfriend's Scenic has done 97K with no probs

Having driven an auto I'd probably never buy a normal modern car with a manual. What's the point in all the extra effort?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom