• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Maxing a 6800 Le

Associate
I've got a 6800 le 128mb, its fully unlocked to 16/6 and Oc'd to
370core and 830mem with stock cooler. If I push it any higher it artifacts.

I'm thinking after market cooler or are there modded bios out there for these badboys. I've seen the 1.4v bios for the GT's to get to ultra but not seen any bios for the LE version.

So is it possible to get any more performance out of this card ?

Or is it really at its limits ?

Permabanned
I'd just be happy with that tbh. Fitting an Arctic cooler may help with a few mhz here and there but imho it's probably better left as is.

Associate
you realise you've almost got a 6800GT there now, only thing you could try really is some bios level memory teaks to eak a bit more of a clock out of that. there are some bios tweaking tools which allow you to easily make a new bios with different clocks voltages and mem timings, if you want to do all that + a new cooler you may get a bit more but its not really that much

Associate
ive got a 6800le to 16x6 with 412 core and 939 memory, stable in 3dmark but COD2 i can get some major artifacts. Fully stable at 400/925 with arctic cooler. Good temps, no volt mods.

Permabanned
yea you can get it to go higher!!

save the bios off the card and change it to 1.4v (will give ~1.33v actual), that will take you to 400-430. do not touch memory timings, the card may not work again afterwards.
you can do the resistor vmem and vgpu mods to give even more voltage, but there isnt much gain from the extra 50ish mhz on the memory you would get. most performance comes from the gpu speed, but going past 1.4v actuall makes all the components on the card get very hot.
so i reccomend just the bios mod to 1.4!!

Soldato
I'd recommend doing nothing... Anything u do will add Zero performance to realworld performance. You have a super fast cpu, this card is holding you back now, look to buy something better.

Associate
OP
Its an AGp just to let you all know, and I unlocked it using rivatunner.

I'll probably just leave it be and then upgrade when the G71/7900 comes out as know dought it'll push the prices of 7800gt/gtx's down.

Hey I may even go back to ATI as those 1900xt are looking pretty sweet, haven't been ati since the good old 8500le 64mb ! now that was an awsome card.

Cheers

Permabanned
Lanz said:
I'd recommend doing nothing... Anything u do will add Zero performance to realworld performance. You have a super fast cpu, this card is holding you back now, look to buy something better.

no way.... the card unlocks to 16 pipes.... overclock the core to 400 or more and it will be on par with a 6800gt, hell my 6800nu at 415/850 with 12pipes gets just under 5000 3dmarks in 05, his card when overclocked should see another 500-1000 points.
recommending he does nothing with a capable card is just silly, especially as he is interested in getting abit more speed from it..

Soldato
Your NU really doesnt match a GT, no matter how oc it is. It uses 128MB DDR1 for a start, giving it far less bandwidth to play with. It may score a simular 3dmark05 score, but in realworld stuff, its not like a GT. As an example, you couldnt play BF2 at 1280x1024 with X4AA with everything set to high. This is why I said its pointless trying to squeeze more out of this already oc LE, you may get 500 more 3dmarks, but that means NOTHING in real world performance.

Back
Top Bottom