• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pentium M giving me hassle

Soldato
Only got this today, with a CT-479. Everytime I start up it says "New CPU installed, press F1 for setup or F2 to load defaults"

My board is an Asus P4P800E-Deluxe with the latest BIOS, how can I stop it doing this?

Soldato
Sweet glad to see you got it sorted, i'm not sure i'll check if i have any screenies,

293at26ghz0ja.jpg

Looks like 1.45v was used as it overvolted by about .03v not sure if it was needed just thats what was used

Soldato
OP
Awesome, cheers mate! :D

I stuck my Arctic Freezer on there, temps don't go over 41C at 2.6Ghz.

Now all I need is some of that 2GB OCZ Platinum PC3200. :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Marvt74 said:
Sweet glad to see you got it sorted, i'm not sure i'll check if i have any screenies,

293at26ghz0ja.jpg

Looks like 1.45v was used as it overvolted by about .03v not sure if it was needed just thats what was used
Nice! So it beats the Athlon 64 clock for clock as my 3500+ is at 2.65 and my best super pi time is 32s.

Nice overclock :cool:

Soldato
i think you may need the boot block trick... thats what i had to do with my old p4c800 (NON-E ) dlx when i flashed with E dlx bios (diff lan, and raid iirc) so i lost onboard lan.

found this info...

stryg in the opeinging post of the Xtremesystems CT479 thread said:
Bootblock flashing
- New versions of Afudos can´t flash the bios in if the ROMID´s are different (ex. P4C800 & P4P800-E). Thats why you must use old Afudos version that allows flashing rom´s with different ID´s (get it here). The only problem is that the older v1.16b version dont flash the bootblock automatically unlike the new versions, so you must flash the bios in with following command "afudos /iromname.rom /n /pbnc". If you don't use the following command, your board won't post after the update.

also see this thread... http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95280&page=1&pp=15

hope that helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom