Noisy Hiper anyone modded fans

Soldato
Just bought one of thes : Hiper HPU-4B580 Type R 580W

and i'm finding it a bit noisy. Unfortunately I only looked at the pic and saw it had a 120mm fan but when it arrived I realised it also had a whiney 80mm on the back.

How do other folks find theres and has anyone replaced the fan or done a 7v mod on it?

Soldato
I havent replaced my 80mm fan as it needs a slim fit one 12-15mm as there isnt enough clearance for a standard 25mm on so i have butchered the fins on the 80mm original one but replacing it with a slim one is a job to be done in the near future.

2p

Soldato
pinkaardvark said:
Just bought one of thes : Hiper HPU-4B580 Type R 580W

and i'm finding it a bit noisy. Unfortunately I only looked at the pic and saw it had a 120mm fan but when it arrived I realised it also had a whiney 80mm on the back.

How do other folks find theres and has anyone replaced the fan or done a 7v mod on it?

I bought one on monday and thought exactly the same thing, there so loud! My old Jeantech with 2x 80mm was quieter. Its a bit annoying when the packaging says "Inaudible".

I dont know if theres a way of changing the fan without voiding wraanty though!

Soldato
Wierd ... I have one and it is the quietest PSU I have EVER had - for me when it says inaubdible, it really is (and no I'm not deaf :p).

Must be luck of the draw I think.

Back
Top Bottom