islam and violence...again

Soldato
OP
El Gringo said:
Shall we keep this to the main thread?
How many people put up the bounties? Three as far as I can read. According to you that constitutes islam in it's entirety.

That's the point. Why or what right any "man or cleric of god" has to pass fatua or put a bounty on someone over the image of someone they only believe he existed thousands of years ago?

Associate
It was only a matter of time.

If you look at the actual cartoons, you'll probably think this is even more stupid than you already do.

You can find the cartoons somewhere.

To be honest, this whole thing has been taken way too far, and it's hardly surprising these cartoons were drawn.

Soldato
"If the West can place a bounty on Osama bin Laden and Zawahri we can also announce reward for killing the man who has caused this sacrilege of the holy Prophet"

Funny thing is though...Bin Laden is not made up.

Last edited:
Soldato
As I mentioned before; many people in Pakistan are illiterate in their own language let alone Danish/English or probably even Arabic, plus they have probably not even seen them either.
So let's get some so called cleric to tell all these simple people how bad these cartoons things are and then they can get on with the killing! yay.

Associate
you should see the private eye comments on the cartoons... accurate and succint.

Added to which three of the images people complain about were not drawn bby this danish cartoonist and all this trouble was stirred up by a danish imam... and curiously 4 people from his mosque got arrested for planning terrorist acts just before he went and stirred up a whole load of trouble. Screw all religions.

Soldato
OP
Sirrel Squirrel said:
I love that bit that says we can put a bounty on Bin Laden so they can put a bounty of the cartoonist, I've got news for them, the cartoonist hasn't blown up thousands of people

You infidel, you cant say that. As a matter of fact just like the Holocaust the 9/11 never happened.!

Im sure iranian president mindset is not too far from that.

Where's the muslim members when you need them

Last edited:
Soldato
Sirrel Squirrel said:
I love that bit that says we can put a bounty on Bin Laden so they can put a bounty of the cartoonist, I've got news for them, the cartoonist hasn't blown up thousands of people

Doesn't suprise me, as it was the first thing I thought of when I heard about this , especially in light of Salman Rushdie and the satanic verses.

Soldato
ElRazur said:
Please read this if you can. (the Banning the quran part). The writer makes some valid points

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/
Wait, so in order to stop people wanting to ban something unfairly, you're going to ban something else unfairly instead?

EDIT: Or is that the point of the article? Aha, clever.

DOUBLE EDIT: Jeez that's a tiresome read. So many words for so small a point.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Typically, the liberal sympathisers of Muslim “sensitivities” do not seem to notice how childishly selfish the Muslim position is. For centuries and until today, Islam has ordered the destruction of everything that is sacred to other religions, starting with the 360 idols in the Kaaba (including Jesus and Mary) smashed to pieces by Muhammad himself, down to the Bamian Buddhas destroyed by the Taliban in 2001, the weekly vandalising of Hindu temples in Bangladesh, or the destruction of Christian churches in Iraq during the last couple of months. In many cases, moreover, not only the places of worship but the worshippers too have been assaulted. What an arrogance for Muslims, with their heritage of iconoclastic insensitivity, to put up this show of indignation for a handful of harmless cartoons. And now we are being expected to feel pity for those poor touch-me-nots?

In Muslim circles, meanwhile, only a few independent intellectuals have come out unequivocally on the side of freedom of expression, most bravely the Jordanian journalists who confronted their readers with the poser: “Which is worse for Islam, these cartoons or the TV images of Iraqi mujahedin beheading their hostages?” They were arrested. So were several Algerian journalists, for republishing the cartoons, and their paper was banned from publication. Likewise a leftist Syrian journalist was arrested under the law against “insulting religious feelings” for having proposed a dialogue about the cartoon controversy on the plea that violent protests could only hurt the image of Islam. And in Konya, Turkey, a woman journalist was stoned for not wearing a headscarf while reporting on a demonstration held under the motto “loyalty to the Prophet

Soruce http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/825

Any muslim out there, willing to say otherwise? The bit about islam encouraging the destruction of other religion sacred stuff is true, i should know i was once a muslim.

Soldato
OP
The Quran contains dozens of verses that preach hostility to Pagans (polytheists, Zoroastrian ‘fire-worshippers’ and atheists), Jews and Christians. It denounces their teachings as false and evil and a sure passport to hell. By modern Western standards the author of the Quran is entitled to his freedom of opinion on religions. But by KifKif standards, these insulting comments on other people’s religions are not so innocent and ought to be curtailed, especially in a multicultural society. (And indeed, the orthodox sources agree that it was Muhammad’s lifetime achievement to have transformed Arabia’s multicultural society into a monolithic Islamic one.)

The Quran also expressly forbids conversion from Islam to other religions, while allowing and encouraging the reverse. This becomes problematic in the light of the KifKif authors’ plea for equality and reciprocity. It is also in contravention of the ECHR’s article 9, to which they purportedly adhere, for this article defines “freedom of religion” as including “the right to change one’s religion.”

Muslim brothers and sisters please tell me this is so not correct! :rolleyes:

it gets even better
There is even grimmer reading, however, in dozens of Quran verses that go further than mere doctrinal disputation and actually enjoin the Muslims to go out and fight the ‘infidels.’ The core text of Islam is not merely disrespectful towards other religions, it extols killing and glorifies dying in the war against the non-Muslims. If the text of the Quran should not be clear enough, one must bear in mind that it is a companion volume to Muhammad’s life story as a religious leader and military conqueror. Consequently, if one should have doubts about the meaning of jihad, literally ‘effort’ but in practice ‘war against the infidels,’ one need merely put the verses in their real-life context. Muhammad understood and used the term unambiguously in the sense of ‘war,’ not some ethereal or metaphorical ‘struggle against the evil in ourselves’ but an actual war involving horses, weapons, stratagems and blood. The Quran explicitly teaches hatred, hostility and the use of force against other religions and their adherents. By KifKif’s own standards, it clearly exceeds the “limits of freedom of expression.”

Last edited:
Soldato
ElRaz - please dont continue baiting Muslim members here, we have been over things like this before and it doesn't get far... try looking at the ummah forums if you need a fix of Muslim opinion, it will either make you twice as wary or make you laugh until you collapse...

The idea of banning the Koran is terrible, there is no way on earth that the book shouldn't be allowed. Sends completely the wrong message.

TBH, this news shows how their members are lacking faith if they have to tempt them to do their supposed "Islamic duty" with money...

Back
Top Bottom