2405 price up again...?

Associate
How can the price of an item in stock keep fluctuating? Surely once stock is obtained at a certain value and the retail price is agreed to obtain a certain profit margin then, irespective of the distributor increaing their prices, prices of stock already bought should remain the same, no?

This situation with the 2405 here is a bit like petrol prices in the UK. The oil companies announce an increase and immediately the retailers increase the price for supplies they already have...

The 2405 price doesn't seem to have fluctuated the same elsewhere.

Associate
Not sure on this as I'm not a business man. I think that even though the shop has bought at a low price, if the wholesale price then goes up they need to sell the current [bought at less price] stock at the higher price so they have the funds to purchase more at the higher price.

Hope that makes more sense to you than it does to me. :D

Associate
i don't really know what i'm talking about, but maybe they don't have a bunch of them in a warehouse, maybe they order them from another middleman. Maybe they then switched to a cheaper supplier. *shrugs*

Soldato
Personally i think the price fluctuations are ludicrous! If i was someone with little knowledge and picked one up and it went down the way it has done, MAN... i'd be hell bent with furious anger, lol! <-- Note: I'm laughing now. :D

Associate
yeah i got access to the mm after i bought mine and saw a thread like that and thought it was still open which would have annoyed me. but thankfully it was. So i rest easily in the knowledge that i got mine a lot cheaper then i would have if i bought it at retail prices.

Soldato
Got mine new from OCUK for only £550 :D on special offer so laughing now as could sell and make a good profit if I really wanted to :D

Soldato
scousegit said:
bought one yesterday not from ocuk, arrived today, one stuck red pixel

:mad:

But can you seriously see it during normal use? There is a total of 6,912,000 subpixels on the 2405, im sure 1 isn't the end of the world. Have you tried flicking/massaging it out, or playing fast flickering colours to try and remove it?

Associate
2405 up for grabs

Hi

I got a brand spanking new 2405 for sale if anyone wants it fully boxed in all packaging and only ever used for 20 hrs at the most !!
£500
Going to get the 30 inch beast from overclockers next week .

:eek: :cool:

Soldato
kingkarl said:
Hi

I got a brand spanking new 2405 for sale if anyone wants it fully boxed in all packaging and only ever used for 20 hrs at the most !!
£500
Going to get the 30 inch beast from overclockers next week .

:eek: :cool:

Im sure there will be loads of people interested in this, but your not allowed to sell/buy things on here. The Members Market is for that, which you can't access until you have 250 posts unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom