Freezer 64 pro problem

Suspended
just replaced the stock cooler on my pc with the 64 pro, now msi core centre keeps beeping at me with the fans rpm speed flashinng (its at 807rpm), any idea why the darn thing is beeping?

Soldato
i suspect it's due to the low rpm of the freezer's fan, the mobo thinks the fan's failing because it's under the expected rpm... your BIOS should (most do) have a setting that you can tweak and set the miminum rpm before the alarm goes off.

Soldato
on the topic of the arctic, does it make much difference that it doesnt cover the whole of the cpu, cus my other heatsink (thermaltake CL-P006) pipe101 have a large copper base which covered mor ethen enough but this one doesnt cover all the edges

Associate
the top of your processor that shows is called a IHS (something Heat Spreader, can't for the life of me remember what it is) the actual die is a lot smaller,so the cooling will be fine.

Soldato
brightside_ said:
the top of your processor that shows is called a IHS (something Heat Spreader, can't for the life of me remember what it is) the actual die is a lot smaller,so the cooling will be fine.

Integrated ;)

And as brightside said it is fine as long as the centre is covered

Back
Top Bottom