Future of the DS

Soldato
Soldato
The things is, I can't really see the DS working that well as a media device. For music maybe, but the screen just strikes me as a bit too small for web browsing or video viewer. I'd much rather just play fun and inventive games on it.

Soldato
Isn't it going to be slightly limited by the fact the screen can only display 256,000 colours? (Films would look washed out or lacking clarity).

Soldato
Excellent.

Tetris DS - Cant wait. Return of the true king of puzzle/endurance games. :D
HDD Player - Looks to not add extra bulk to the player, i think it'll work well
TV 'Card' - If it comes out over here, could be another good addon.
Web support - Excellent browser. Its gonna be easyier to navigate around websites than it is on a PSP. It'd be nice to see E-Mail support as well, or Messenger support.

The DS looks like a very good piece of HW now.
It has the games.
It will now be getting the media/web capibilites that PSP owners love to prattle on about. And at least one of those features will be significantly better.

Result! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
oweneades said:
Isn't it going to be slightly limited by the fact the screen can only display 256,000 colours? (Films would look washed out or lacking clarity).
It'll be fine.
For a screen that big it wont make as much a different as some people will no doubt claim.

What are the capibilites of the PSPs screen anyway?

Soldato
I'd love to see the DS turn into a kind of "remote control" for your PC. With some clever coding, I'm sure you could probably get things like MSN, Winamp/Media Player controls, an email client, and a file manager running on it, and just generally use it to access/control your PC from the other side of the room. It was something I was thinking of looking into if I ever did any GBA/DS programming, but I've never gotten round to it.

Soldato
BoomAM said:
It'll be fine.
For a screen that big it wont make as much a different as some people will no doubt claim.

Ah thats cool, I havn't seen a DS in action so I can't comment on its screen quality, I just thought they would have some problems getting it to display correctly.

PSP has a screen capable of 16.77Millions colours(true colour)

Soldato
Never seen a DS in action (apart from clips online) but my brother bought one with Nintendogs (its for the wife, honest......he said) and he loves it......Gonna have to see this lil piece of kit as i quite fancy the DS Lite :)

Caporegime
BoomAM said:
It'll be fine.

Psps screen is 16:9 4.3inch 480x272 pixels and 16.7m colours. :)

Soldato
oweneades said:

i know its a bit picky but it displays 260,000 :p

Associate
OK, i was gonna get a PSP, but with all this coming out for the DS, and the fantastic games and support, I want a DS lite. When's it out !!!

Back
Top Bottom