SMART Car with Suzuki engine!

Soldato
I'm actually a fan of the Smart car, I couple of guys at work have them for commuting and I was amazed but the size/comfort of the cabin for a car so small. I keep telling them to get a gsxr engine dropped in but none of them are having it. :p

Associate
thats wicked. does anyone have an idea of how much that would actually cost to put into a roadster???

i really like the roadster but it could do with a bit more power. i saw one with 2x 600cc turbos in it i think it was, was on topgear, had like 300bhp if i remember correctly:)

if im wrong can someone correct me on what engines were in it

cheers

Arc

Arc

Associate
antc said:
i really like the roadster but it could do with a bit more power. i saw one with 2x 600cc turbos in it i think it was, was on topgear, had like 300bhp if i remember correctly:)

2 standard 3 cylinder smart turbo engines joined together in a V shape to make a twin turbo V6 with 170bhp (and all from only 1400cc :) ).

Shame that they only built a few specials and didnt put it into full scale production, it would have sold by the truck load (I'd definetly have bought one). A great car destroyed by too little power and too high a price :(.

Associate
agree with mechanicle arts on the westfeild idea.

/waits for the "yeah but u crash it ** dead" posts...

did anyone else see the vid of a smart into a concrete wall at 70? will try find it:)

Mic

Mic

Soldato
minidan said:
agree with mechanicle arts on the westfeild idea.

/waits for the "yeah but u crash it ** dead" posts...

did anyone else see the vid of a smart into a concrete wall at 70? will try find it:)
Car may have held up, but the impact force of it not crumpling would be transferred to your body. So not as safe as youd expect. But I certainly would be worried about safety in it tbh.

Back
Top Bottom