Quick Question..

Associate
Ive been looking at the following headset from OCUK:

Altec AHS602 5.1 Gaming Headset - Retail (SP-016-AL)

IS this headset better than the medusas by any chance? Will the surround sound, sound any better? And are there any major differences?

Also, how does this headset work? I only see a mic & Audio connection on the picture provided. - i thought this was a surround sound headset?
Also do i need a 5.1 soundcard for this headset, and one last question - is there a soundcard built in (from looking the picture provided it appears that on the Headset cable, there is some sort of box)

- Sorry about all the questions.

Cheers all.

J :)

Soldato
Since the sound input is just stereo by the looks of it, I think all these headphones do is add some spatializing to the sound to give you an impression of surround sound, rather than doing some specific 5.1 positioning.

Even good 5.1 headphones that take a 5.1 input and have multiple speakers in each phone, give quite poor 3d sound compared to speakers.

There's reviews of the Altecs online btw.

Associate
OP
fish99 said:
Since the sound input is just stereo by the looks of it, I think all these headphones do is add some spatializing to the sound to give you an impression of surround sound, rather than doing some specific 5.1 positioning.

Even good 5.1 headphones that take a 5.1 input and have multiple speakers in each phone, give quite poor 3d sound compared to speakers.

There's reviews of the Altecs online btw.

Reviews on OCUK? :cool:

Soldato
Ive got the 502s, they dont have any of the fancy stuff the 602s have. They are very nice, and really do have very good bass levels, although the high end is pretty harsh without tweaking your soundcard a bit, but ive go tit almost spot on now. Far better than my previous Plantronics Audio 90s were.

Im speaking about the 502s there, so dont know whether they are similar or not.

Associate
OP
Well overall i would like some headphones for a very good gaming experience.

But also i listen to music (Bassy) so i need some headphones with some good bass so i can get the very best out of my music!

So would these do the trick, or would a standard set of expensive headphones do the trick?

let me know.

- Cheers again.

J ;)

Back
Top Bottom